3rd Bad Hd In A Row

lost

how much of a dif is there between the 8MB and 16MB Cache? is the speed dif huge?

I havent seen 16 compared to 8 make any really huge difference in the past, but I'd rather wait and get the bigger platters and 16mb cache, then get the 250gb with 8 now.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u sure Fed Ex or whom ever are delivering the drives arent playing football with them i just bought the Seagate 320gb 7200.10 SATA2 it seemed a little bit noisy for the first 30 mins or so and also the temps where in the 50c but it soon went silent and the temps are around 30c now

i read your post.

my seagte 300gb was DOA. i got a replacement and it's fine. they then sent me a second replacement in error (320gb this time) but i made an error by forgetting about it and accidentally putting it in my machine...

Ok, Silverfox, You made an "error". :rolleyes:

Edited by UkJenT

well i have IDE drives, they work fine. my Raptor works fine to. i tried unplugging my raptor and all my other HDs and left the seagate plugged in, still noisey. what model did u buy?

300gb ST3300622A 31*c

320gb ST3320620A 34*c both 7200rpm and 16mb cache, 5 year warranty

Ok, Silverfox, You made an "error". :rolleyes:

eh? they send me a drive, its mine :) plus i wasnt the one that signed for it...and also it was at an old address.

u sure Fed Ex or whom ever are delivering the drives arent playing football with them i just bought the Seagate 320gb 7200.10 SATA2 it seemed a little bit noisy for the first 30 mins or so and also the temps where in the 50c but it soon went silent and the temps are around 30c now

hmm i'll see if i can get past the first 30 minutes. i'll give it a try.