Sign in to follow this  
NinjaDude

New Mobo!

Ok so im looking into a new Mobo from newegg....im not much of an expert but i build my first computer with MSI mobo nothing special with socket 939, 500 W Antec true PSU, 256 MB GDDR3 7600 GT OC, SoundBlaster X-FI, AMD 64 4000+, and 2GB PC 3200, anyways i was looking into getting a DFI but i hear theres some problems with the RAM and its not for beginners so now im looking at a ASUS or Gigabyte and i want to get SLI any ideas?

can anyone tell me the best board from Asus on a $150 dollar range

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....;SubCategory=22

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mp;InnerCata=22

Edited by NinjaDude

If you are going to choose Asus then take the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

but you may want to look at some other brands like MSI or Gigabyte, it is started to well known that Asus has really started to go downhill with reliability just keep that in mind.

Guest FxXP

Stick with the Asus if you can. Gigabyte does make good Socket 939 boards, but avoid the SLI versions if you can. MSI is starting to axe Socket 939 production as their current board is the Neo4 SLI-FI. I can't find the Platinum's anymore. :huh:

whaaa. i would get the dfi. if you dont know what it is dont touch it, just learn how to oc and youll be ok. also for dfi i believe you would want the expert or the sli-dr, dont take my word for it but just look around. i havent been keeping updated on the newest model of dfi.

And it can even be modded to SLI :D

Be careful with that. I've heard many people say that the newer Ultra-D's cannot be modded to SLI.

Be careful with that. I've heard many people say that the newer Ultra-D's cannot be modded to SLI.

Newer as in something other then the contacts being epoxied? Cause if it's just the epoxy mine had it and it was no trouble just taped off everything except those pins and sanded down the epoxy then used some circuit writer. If it's something new then thats news to me.

Guest FxXP

The news isn't new. Nvidia removed the physical contacts on the nForce4 Ultra so that you can't mod the chip.

The news isn't new. Nvidia removed the physical contacts on the nForce4 Ultra so that you can't mod the chip.

Well I was without cpu on my main rig for a while so I hadnt been keeping up with news but that sucks. Im glad I got mine and could lol even though Ill probably never go sli.

Ok so my final Decision would be either one of these Mobos... and before anyone says anything i dont know much about how to overclock so DFI i hear not for noobs but i have no intention to overclock untill im sure i know what im doing.

DFI Lanparty SLI-DR

Asus A8N32 SLI Delux

Gigabyte GA-K8N PRO-SLi

and im sure evryone is gonig to pick DFI.. i just want to know whats best for me!

AMD 64 Athlon 4000+,2 GB PNY PC3200, 500W Antec PSU, 2 XFX 7600 GT SLI, SoundBlaster X-FI platinum.

Thanks for everones help