Sign in to follow this  
Fireonice

2 Cycle Gas Scooter Problems

Guest Flashstar

Check the spark plugs and clean them off I guess. Then you may want to make sure that you have the correct combination of gas and air. I don't really know much about this but maybe you should get a new battery and check for a short in the wiring.

wow, there's some clutching at straws going on here.

if it has one check the carb, then the muffler.

also best bet is to drain the gas tank, and start over fresh. you could have had a few different problems. first off could be your mix, next could be the killer I've had twice on regular engines... WATER in the gas. and if this thing is as bad as you make it sound, it's possible condensation got into your fuel tank and could be causing some real problems.

You said something about not being able to open the throttle all the way and having it die. There could be particles of something in your gas that were slowly clogging the carb...That happened to me with a 2 cycle. Oops, just read Bigred's post, and he's saying the same thing I am basically. U are lucky your engine will start at all with no wiring. My bike's an Elite 50 And it has so much electric stuff that It would shut itself off if it was wired wrong.

Well the gas mix is fine.... Its not the carb (tested it on another 2 cycle engine i have laying around) So could it be the killer like you said bigread? And is there anyway i can test to see if the spark plug is getting electricity without one of thous testers (il be willing to get shocked).

then engine looks exactly like this but with a differnt exast and intake and carb.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pocket-Bike-49cc-Engin...2QQcmdZViewItem

And is there anyway i can test to see if the spark plug is getting electricity without one of thous testers (il be willing to get shocked).

Remove the spark plug from the engine but leave the wire plugged on and set it on a metal part of the engine

Like this:

sparkchk.jpg

Then just pull the recoil starter a couple times and see if it sparks...

lol..... <_< ok il go do that.

So i have spark... Could there be something else wrong like the engine not getting gas? How would i check that there is currently no carb on there.

You may also want to check and see if the grounf wire came undone or if its broken or missing...

The engine wont start without the ground wire in place.

^^ theres my problem!! There is no ground wire. So were and how would i attach this wire?

Usually, just slap it on anywhere on the chassis (thats how it is with my lawnmowers)