Sign in to follow this  
cdoggown

Tiger Woods Pga Tour 2005

Ive played the Tiger Woods PGA series for a few years now and just loaded up 2005. It is driving me crazy! The club ratings are way off. Like the game will tell me I have 140 yards to the pin, so I choose a club rated at 155 yards and hit the ball perfectly, and come up SHORT... What the flying squirrel turd is going on here??? I checked EA's site and couldnt find a patch. So I guess I have to just guess which club to use and hope it works out... sure makes the game impossible to win...

Any one else notice this or is it just my broken . game?

Maybe you have to work on your power? Does the game let the player improve over time?

See thats the thing. The shown club ratings are based on your power rating, so they go up as your power rating does, but they are still wildly overrated. Not only that, but different clubs are ovverrated by different amounts... just seems like a glitch but with no patch, Im thinking maybe EA has given up on us PC users to focus on the consoles?

Could be that it's rated that far with no wind... ?

If thats the case then 10 MPH will make me hit a 1 iron rated at 205 yards a maximum of 119 yards? Seems a bit silly eh?

lots of things come into play. hitting to an elevated green, hitting a ball out of the rough, hitting the ball into the rough, hitting a ball below your feet, fade, draw, slice, ball spin, ball trajectory, and wind all effect the distance your ball will travel.

lots of things come into play. hitting to an elevated green, hitting a ball out of the rough, hitting the ball into the rough, hitting a ball below your feet, fade, draw, slice, ball spin, ball trajectory, and wind all effect the distance your ball will travel.

I understand this. The game does change the club ratings if I am hitting from the rough or sand, so that is moot. The wind is a given, but shouldnt effect the shot by the amounts I previously posted, and all the other variables you list are either able to be set, or part of the course that I take into account when hitting.

The point is, I have a 12 degree driver rated at 256 yards. The wind is WITH my shot at 4 MPH. I hit the ball, the indicator states my club speed was 101%, trajectory is perfect, and the strike is perfect, yet the ball travels 205 yards... Thats my complaint. And in Scotland, so the course is about as flat from the tee as you can get.

If thats the case then 10 MPH will make me hit a 1 iron rated at 205 yards a maximum of 119 yards? Seems a bit silly eh?

well actualy that makes sense. a 1 iron is also known as a driving iron. Its ment to be used to hit off a tee. very few people can hit that iron of the fairway. its not meant for that, the ball will take off more like a punch shot. the club might be rated at 205 but thats off the tee. for instance typical distance of a 6 iron is 170 - 175 yards . if im the in the rough, or wet fairway im looking at about 160.. so take into consideration your lie always

well actualy that makes sense. a 1 iron is also known as a driving iron. Its ment to be used to hit off a tee. very few people can hit that iron of the fairway. its not meant for that, the ball will take off more like a punch shot. the club might be rated at 205 but thats off the tee. for instance typical distance of a 6 iron is 170 - 175 yards . if im the in the rough, or wet fairway im looking at about 160.. so take into consideration your lie always

The game shows my 1 iron rated at 220 off the tee, and 205 off the fairway.