Sign in to follow this  
sdy284

Cad Rig

He said we have like $3800 dollars to spend as a budget, why not overdo it? Or just build 2 computers, and a folding army, or go to space, lol or....

well, as far as not needing a decent rig for solidworks...

Products.jpg

thats what the computer will be designing, commercial rock-crushing equipment...so there's no small parts or assemblies here

Telsmith

so would an FX60 or dual opterons be the better way to go?

Edited by sdy284

i'm not sure what kinda designing it is that people do that makes them think that designing a car or machinery doesn't require much processor muscle... maybe modelling a micro-machine or a go-kart would be feasible on a mid-range pc... but if i was a design engineer and you gave me some piece o' crap P4 dell machine i'd kill you...

for any moving machinery with tight tolerances i'd just say go for the best your budget allows, it'll just be annoying if you cheap out... dual-core amd and a butt-load of ram like 4gigs and you'll be set :) well, you know... you will be when you get the other stuff lol...

hmmm, so dual opterons or fx60? make me a complete rig, mobo, case, everything.

ok, on a side note a 4200 vs whatever the dual core 2.8ghz intel chip is...would ya still go with amd for this situation?

Edited by sdy284