Sign in to follow this  
OnETeN

Hey Guys Im New :)

yeah! ok haha now when you say "psu" your reffering to a power supply right? cuase the 400-500 wat thing he mentioned, where does it say what kinda power supply i have in that everest thing i dled?

Yes.PSU=Power Supply Unit. I have the everest ultimate edition and it doesn't tell me my PSU either (OCz).

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (939)

Gigabyte..

eVGA 6800GS...

hmmm...that'll run you about -$452.00....but like i said i dont know your budget.. but it sounds like your gonna be wanting to upgrade your whole system soon anyways...

*EDIT*: turn your comp off....open it up....there will be a sticker on the side of the PSU and it'll be like a little chart thing.....on the bottom line/boxthing, it will say: "...blah blah blah...Total out put ...watts". thats how good your PSU is good for.

haha i think i might be able to get that i wanted to spend around 400 but i really think i can find 50$ more :) god im loving you guys

ehh achully i think that im gonna get that video card and a extra stick of ram save up some more money then get the other upgrades as i come up with the money

Edited by OnETeN

haha i think i might be able to get that i wanted to spend around 400 but i really think i can find 50$ more :) god im loving you guys

well you could get this instead of the 6800GS....that would save you bout $70.....

save up a little more so you can get some ram aswell....just a suggestion :D

Yeah, but add another ~$100 on top of that because he forgot to add RAM which you'll desperately need if you want that system to be any good.

mm well the thing is if i went all out right now id have to borrow money and i really dont wanna do that lol. so i can afford a nice video card and an extra stick of ram, would that do me good untill i can afford the processor new mobo cpu AND psu lol

ok im gonna talk to my mom (im 16 yes i live at home lol) now she needs to get on the net all the time and we got our wireless network but i cant install it cause of the eathernet and usb problem. SO i think i can get her to buy me the mobo so she can get on all the time instead of having to move the modem from here to her computer. now if i got the mobo vid card and ram now is there anything else that NEEDS to go along with the mobo? just the cpu right?