Hey Guys Im New :)

OnETeN

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO you looking at about $420, give or take about $20 depending if you are a smart researcher and the sales. You could save about $30 if you use a 6600GT but the one I have picked out it better as far as proformace. Now if you could toss in about $40 dollars you could get a another stick of 512mb of ram. You could use a old socket (the "home" of the processor, some are new and better) but you may want to upgrade your CPU once you have gotten a hang of this computer building stuff. I would reccomend building it yourself or at least have a friend do it and watch him. (Sry about any bad spelling)

without 1GB of RAM, that system would be a complete waste of money, sorry.
Actually, I was pointing that out to the other guys here. I knew what you wanted but..yea. Ok so. Let's do it then.. Get 2 sticks of RAM and a vid.card
psycho, he already has a XP 2600+, which is why I said his cpu isn't a priority, it'll do just fine.

If I was you, I wouldn't waste money on a cpu upgrade until I can afford to go to a decent A64 system (after taking into account RAM and a videocard).

EDIT: yeah, if you're gonna upgrade your cpu/mobo/videocard and ram, that's pretty much a new setup, and I wouldn't skimp because if you skimp on one thing, it'll bottleneck the other components, and you won't get your money's worth.

so for now i really just need the mobo, vid card and the extra stick of ram? and i should be set and my fps will be semi decent?
no, because if you're gonna get a new mobo, you'll want to go for a socket 939, which would require a new cpu. It'd be kinda pointless to get a new mobo, just for a usb port, and have no upgradeability to it.

So if you don't have the funds to do it all right now, get the videocard and ram. Then, in a few months, when you're ready, get the cpu/mobo.

and lol @ psycho ;)

ugh.. those jerks said the vidcard would work fine and look at this im allready replacing it :(. so if im only gonna get the vid card and stick of ram whats a retilivitly decent card?

**edit** you guys are saints

Edited by OnETeN

ugh.. those jerks said the vidcard would work fine and look at this im allready replacing it :( . so if im only gonna get the vid card and stick of ram whats a retilivitly decent card?

word of advice: research stuff on your own (or via OCC). NEVER EVER listen to salesmen as they know absolute crap.

anyways, depends on the amount of money you're willing to spend. the ati one ham posted is good, or the 6600gt or 6800. Not sure what prices they're going for right now, and I need to get ready for bed, it's already 3am. heh.

ugh.. those jerks said the vidcard would work fine and look at this im allready replacing it :( . so if im only gonna get the vid card and stick of ram whats a retilivitly decent card?

Whatta ya mean? that card DOES work fine! Just not for todays gaming **cough**in this millennium**Cough

haha well they did screw me over pretty good i told him i played wow and asked if itd hold up, he said itd be nice cause itd cause less heat or whatever, later on i figured out the only reason it was even overheating is cause the fan was out on it :(:(