Sign in to follow this  
OnETeN

Hey Guys Im New :)

The video card and processor are definitely holding you back. I am not a RPG/MORPG user, but I do know that WoW will take a lot of power out of systems, even ones that are equipped with 9800 Pro's and better. All I am seeing right now is a system that was designed for light gaming and Internet/Word Processing usage. The motherboard being VIA KM400 based with an MX4000 video card.....

:withstupid: here 100%....This Rig..er computer sounds like one that I built for my mother. Very basic for an average computer user. Nothing wrong with that, but in the gaming (Specially WoW) world eh, you'll benefit more if you were to overhaul.

Welcome To OCC.

k i kinda figured that it was my video card i fried my other one when a fan went out on it and got a crappy one at a local comp store for cheap and there is probably like a 400 dollar limit for how much i can spend but cheaper if i can get any would be awesome i appriciate this alot guys please post back.

ohh and i found that speed thing you were tlaking about clay meow PC2700 (166MHz)

the big thing is trying to spend as little money as possible thank you guys for your help

Edited by OnETeN

awesome stuff, do you know where i can get the stuff and what mabye would be the best choices for what i need? im sorry i dont know anything about this stuff :(

OK,,been doing some research and according to what you say you have, you have THIS Mobo right?

If this is correct then you are capable of getting a CPU that will support UP TO 333MHZ. So, you can get a AMD Athlon XP which will do you fine. Like I said about your RAM. Get another 512MB Stick. Now there you will have to get 2 pair of the exact same thing. They must be Identical in every way. Then get yourself a new vid Card (AGP of course) of your liking.

wow your right about the mobo its the exact same one. thanks the only thing is i dont know what my likeing would be :( and im not shure how to find the AMD Athlon XP 3000+ for ram i think i can handel that part, and then the vid card back to that likeing :( im not totally shure on what to achully get, thank you for your help tho

Ok first off welcome to OCC and welcome to the world of building your own computer. Like many have said, you may want to upgrade your whole rig (video card, your processor, and your motherboard).

So your CPU will be about $160 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103537

And your video card should be about $175

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102601

And a simple motherboard with decent overclocking about $85

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813130491

SO you looking at about $420, give or take about $20 depending if you are a smart researcher and the sales. You could save about $30 if you use a 6600GT but the one I have picked out it better as far as proformace. Now if you could toss in about $40 dollars you could get a another stick of 512mb of ram. You could use a old socket (the "home" of the processor, some are new and better) but you may want to upgrade your CPU once you have gotten a hang of this computer building stuff. I would reccomend building it yourself or at least have a friend do it and watch him. (Sry about any bad spelling)

But if you are really trying to save money, I would just get the best Socket A cpu (your socket on your motherboard) and upgrade to at least a 9800pro.

Edited by Mr Ham Cake

Ooops my bad about the CPU!! Disregard that. Consider THIS for a CPU.

Clear this up for me. Are you going to upgrade everything? or are you going to just do the CPU/RAM/Vid Card.

im really not shure, i guess i wanna be able to play games with out lagging as bad as i am. if it costs more i can find a few more dollars to throw in to it, i just wanna know the "best bang for your buck" deal. right now im going to get an extra 512 RAM and a motherboard FOR SHURE cause my eathernet port is messed up, and a vid card, so far i can hanel the ram and the mobo the vid card and the cpu im gonna want some suggestions on :) i love you guys

Edited by OnETeN

Actually, I was pointing that out to the other guys here. I knew what you wanted but..yea. Ok so. Let's do it then.. Get 2 sticks of RAM and a vid.card