Low Level Format

Sol

I have an old Quantum Fireball drive, and it needs to have a low-level format. Where can I go to find the utilities to do this?

Quantum admits to never making hard drives anymore, so I can't get it from them.

Quantum Fireball drive are now under Maxtor (Google it), so if you go to there web site and download there drive utils to do your zerofill.

Low-level formating is only done during manufacturing, we can only Zerofill or Format.

Quantum Fireball drive are now under Maxtor (Google it), so if you go to there web site and download there drive utils to do your zerofill.

Low-level formating is only done during manufacturing, we can only Zerofill or Format.

I've tried ZeroFill, and still had errors on the drive, so I'll try that Powermax program.

What errors are you getting?

Or do you meen bad clusters/sectors?

Run a scan disk and set it to auto fix errors, it will take a few hours and if it reports lots of bad clusters/sectors the driver could be on its last legs.

What errors are you getting?

Or do you meen bad clusters/sectors?

Run a scan disk and set it to auto fix errors, it will take a few hours and if it reports lots of bad clusters/sectors the driver could be on its last legs.

Bad sectors.