Sign in to follow this  
Woodhead2k

Comp Fails To Startup

Aight my friend recently was overclocking his AMD 64bit dual core yadayadayada 4200 939socket (obviously) and got it up to about 2.3ghz (around 5-10%) (dual core off) and was working fine. he brought the core clock up slowly from 200 to 228 and after a little bit his comp would shut down every 5 min or so (probably from heat) but now it will only last for 5-10 seconds before shutting down. he is positive all the bios settings are default but cant really run his comp anymore. he has a bfg mobo and a gig of pc2300. from the core clock at 224 to 228 is when he started getting problems and "everything went crazy" as he put it. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this, basically get his comp running again? I have a feeling he fried some stuff.

thanks

reset the cmos. either jumper or remove the battery. if that doesnt help, try removing the ram, and replace it with known good, in case its fried. if it still dont boot. try replacing cpu in case thats fried and test it that way.

oh and i believe you mean pc3200, not 2300.

Guest Raven65

reset the cmos. either jumper or remove the battery. if that doesnt help, try removing the ram, and replace it with known good, in case its fried. if it still dont boot. try replacing cpu in case thats fried and test it that way.

oh and i believe you mean pc3200, not 2300.

:withstupid:

THat was a typo pc2300? Lol