Thinking About X1600xt

bigdaddyjim

$166 USD?

link?

check some reviews and benchmarks

also check and see if it's the 128 or 256bit memory version, i think they were or did come out with a 256bit memory card after the first 128bit cards performed so poorly, but maybe they havent yet, not sure

personally, i think a 6800GS for $200 would be a much smarter buy in every way, if it's AGP it usually unlocks/overclocks to outperform the 6800Ultra, if PCI-E, it still overclocks like a beast and would likely make a x1600XT cry

Edited by habitual geek

i was installing a hard drive and my hand slipped and broke off a transittor? all jokes and comments are welcome, i am stupid!

no man, wasnt going to redicule you, until you asked for it..... :D

seriously, if all it is is a cap, take it to a TV/electronics/appliance repair shop and have them solder it back on if you arent capable of it, no harm done

but anyhow......yeah, x1600XT is probably not the best for your $$, you may have to spend just a bit more, but there are other cards that will perform better

i just noticed the egg has x850XT's for $219 now........too bad they are going to be rendered obsolete very soon, 3DMark 06 has already shown that

Edited by habitual geek

rendered obsolete because they won't run a "benchmark" right..... lets not even go there.

all depends on what you like to do with a card, to each his own, if you dont care about having the best eye candy and features, and want to settle for less than you have to, then sure, get the old stuff.......

an enthusiast would not settle for anything less than the best they can afford, and at this point, it's not an x850 IMO, but if all you want is a fast card without breaking the bank, ok

that always bugged me, people will swear by the x800's because they are faster than the Series 6 cards in alot of situations, but there's no difference between 120 and 130 fps in game, so why not go for the one with the most features in that case, it's the same as the "because they won't run a "benchmark" right" argument, they are both friggin fast, but one can do more feature-wise

"maxed settings" to me would include the most eye candy, which for alot of games now and more so coming soon, as with 3DMark 06, they dont deliver the goods

Edited by habitual geek