Sign in to follow this  
rendertrust

7300 At Evga.com

have you guys been to the evga site lately, they have the specs for the 7300gs .... i was just about to buy a 6800gs when i stumbled across that.. the 7300gs seems to have some really nice clock speeds.. http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=274 .. hope it comes with games too

All I'm gonna say is this - 4 pixel pipelines... ewwwwww

Basically, it looks like the entry level for the 7xxx series. The 6800gs would stomp it any day of the week.

Edited by jammin

the 6800gs is also 2x expensive, but there were rumors that the new 7xxx cards were all going to be released on same day, according to the inquirer, the 7300gs was released today and not just the specs like i had though . that means we may see the other 7xxx cards sooner, hope the 200$ range card comes with free games & more pipelines.. the 7300gs has some really nice features for 100$ have to admit

7300= 5700Fx with SM3 thats all. i would say 6600Gt would do the trick. unless your going for AA/AF

4 pipelines? :lol: i think my ti-83 calculator has more grunt lol

looks like an interesting entry level card. 4 pipelines is kinda...sad...but it may perform decently considering the 810mhz core clock on the upper models. Still if you were lookign at a 6800gs this is NOT the card you need to be intereste in :lol: now...7800GS...well then THAT is the card i want to see :D I have a friend in need of one.

You could probably play Duke Nukem 3D on 4 pipes =P. No seriously, shell out the few extra dollars and get a 6800gs.

few extra $$, you mean 100+. the 7300 is about the same cost as a 6600Gt.

but seriously if any of you remeber using the 5600 or 5700 my guess its going to preform rougly the same if not a little better b/c of dd2 and high clock.

ehh.. be nice to find a way to open those pipelines on that, might be a good value buy but i'd go with the 6800gs if i were u..

jammin - your banners make my day

you guys do recall that the 9600 cards only have 4 pipelines... yet they DO still play most games at respectable speeds.