Dual Monitor Gaming

gokusgrill

i want to set 2 monitors up so that when i play battlefield i can see to my left (ish) side in game. if this can be done what i would hope for would be seeing on the right and left side.

anyway is there a way to set stuff to do that? i know ill take a performance hit but the effect would be worth it.

i want to set 2 monitors up so that when i play battlefield i can see to my left (ish) side in game. if this can be done what i would hope for would be seeing on the right and left side.

anyway is there a way to set stuff to do that? i know ill take a performance hit but the effect would be worth it.

Yea, change the config or ini file in whatever game and change the resolution. U probably can't do it from in-game options. Its not normal to be able to play this way.

As far as I know the last card that let people play a game over more than one monitor was the Matrox Parahelia which is ancient by today's standards.

Which is where i got my info from. Their website. Though i didn't bother to look for it tonight. I'm sure u can google it. The official site shows how to do what u want to do, it works with all video cards. It shows how to do it with games that were popular when that card came out. I'm sure u'll get the idea. If you dont, just post and ill look for the info for ya.

Well you can use nVidia display drivers to use two monitors as one. aka widscreen effect. The only real problem with this is that space between the monitors...seems like in gaming that would mess things up, you know seeing as how that's where the important stuff you're shooting is at in a fps, where you're going in driving games and flight sims.

Well you can use nVidia display drivers to use two monitors as one. aka widscreen effect. The only real problem with this is that space between the monitors...seems like in gaming that would mess things up, you know seeing as how that's where the important stuff you're shooting is at in a fps, where you're going in driving games and flight sims.

I concur. I tried that and didn't like it.

the only way i can see it working is with 2 graphics cards... the main card drives the centre screen only and totally pwns... and the secondary card drives the left and right screens and might have slightly less fps but who cares cos you got 3 screen gaming so stop crying lol...

Gaming should be on one monitor, never 2. the second you do that the middle is spaced and thats whats most inporten if nvidia cards could display 3 monitors on one card spamming across all 3 that would be fun but not 2. just get a larger screen and up the rez.