New Rig Suggestions

HAF2800+

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a rig that I'm going to be building. My budget for now is $1,000 US and I have some parts already picked out and I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction if a part I listed is "bad". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Part List:

Sapphire Radeon X800GTO fireblade edition-256 MB GDDR3(I wanted to go with a GeForce 6800GT but it put me over budget...) - $160

Biostar N4SLI Socket 939 - $79

Athlon 64 3200+ - $163

Rosewill Tu-155 Black case with side window(I'm gonna do some detailing in a dark red if I stick with this case) - $52.99

Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA - $108

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) - $100

Kingwin KACU-8025 80mm Ball cooling fan with heatsink - $18.49

Arctic Silver 5 - 5.99

FSP Group 400W Power Supply - $67

TOTAL= $754.47

All the parts listed above can be found on Newegg if you want to see what a certain part looks like. I prefer ordering with Newegg.com but I'd be willing to try out new sites.

You most likely can get a better motherboard if you ditch the SLI. You won't need it with an ATi card anyways.

Biostar makes okay, stable motherboards. But they don't OC for anything, and are of a different quality then a lot of other boards. That's the only thing I see that could be improved upon greatly.

If you plan on overclocking I would ditch the Biostar. For overclocking look at DFI and then MSI in that order. If you want a simple, cost effective stable board (not that the other two aren't stable either) look at a Gigabyte.

I have also never been a fan of Corsair ram, but that isn't a huge issue, especially if you don't plan on OCing.

The rest of the parts look great, I built a PC for a friend using that CPU, PSU and video card. It runs great for him.

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a rig that I'm going to be building. My budget for now is $1,000 US and I have some parts already picked out and I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction if a part I listed is "bad". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Part List:

Sapphire Radeon X800GTO fireblade edition-256 MB GDDR3(I wanted to go with a GeForce 6800GT but it put me over budget...) - $160

Biostar N4SLI Socket 939 - $79

Athlon 64 3200+ - $163

Rosewill Tu-155 Black case with side window(I'm gonna do some detailing in a dark red if I stick with this case) - $52.99

Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA - $108

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) - $100

Kingwin KACU-8025 80mm Ball cooling fan with heatsink - $18.49

Arctic Silver 5 - 5.99

FSP Group 400W Power Supply - $67

TOTAL= $754.47

All the parts listed above can be found on Newegg if you want to see what a certain part looks like. I prefer ordering with Newegg.com but I'd be willing to try out new sites.

The motherboard, you should change, like the guy above said, i would go with the CoolerMaster Centurion instead of the rosewill ( imo rosewill has cheap quality ), change the heatsink to like a used zalman something if you can or just use stock until you can saveup for zalman. and for the PSu, for 5$ less you can get a 500watt antec smartpower 2.0

if you're going the overclocking route you might want to get a better heatsink/fan... you could pretty much use any thermalright heatsink that fits 939 and be good for temps... others include the zalman 9500, thermaltake big typhoon, and coolermaster hyper 6 (i think)...

i really don't rate corsair ram... geil value could be had for about the same price and would be better imo...

The reason I had the SLI board was because originally I wanted dual 6800GT's but that would put me way over budget. Second, I don't plan to overclock(bad experiences) so I won't really worry about putting in the best fans or getting the best overclocking mobo. As long as it idles in the high thirty's to low fourtys' I think it's fine. As for optical drives I'll just get this burner

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16827131264

and this reader

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16827131417

mhh, I built a rig with about the same money but a little better, but with 7800GT (eVGA) and Athlon64 3700+

there is a nice combo @ ClubIT where they sell the evga 7800GT with a free SLI mobo, for around 400 bucks

You could go with the 3500+ venice 3500+

and then get that combo, that is about 600$, then you get the same RAM, and like a Arctic Cooling Freezer64 CPU cooler, same Hard drive, and there it is, good system for around 850$

Then maybe a Sunbeamtech Nuuo SLI PSU (not known, but great, just ordered one!)

That would be a kick-@$$ rig for around 900, then u got 100 for extra fans and case!

Edited by kingdingeling