Will My 6800gt Vidcard Handle 1900x1200 Res?

sehender1

for gaming, I mean?

Will running games in this super-high resolution slow things down terribly?

I'm mostly asking about Flight Simulator, which is about the only game I still mess with on the PC.

Here's the rest of my system:

P4 3.0 GHZ processor

Asus p4p800 mobo

1 gig PC3200 DDR

And, as i said, the 6800 GT OC, not overclocked at all.

Will I like need to upgrade to a faster vidcard? (I hope not!

I assume your talking about MS Flight Sim 3, if its Pacific Fighters thats a totally different story.

Looking at the minimum requirments of CFS3 I would say without a doubt.

Like BlitzBomb said, if you're gonna use it mainly for MS Flight Simulator 3 then you will have few or no frame rate issues, now if you're trying to run Doom 3 on Max settings you're gonna have some trouble. If you've got the cash go for SLI and then you'll be able to handle most games very nicely.

Like BlitzBomb said, if you're gonna use it mainly for MS Flight Simulator 3 then you will have few or no frame rate issues, now if you're trying to run Doom 3 on Max settings you're gonna have some trouble. If you've got the cash go for SLI and then you'll be able to handle most games very nicely.

SLI is PCI Express, right?

Also: I could also just turn down the res, right? Say, to 1600x1200?

Still plenty smooth-looking, but wouldn't be as much of a hog, right?

Yeah it's PCIe as far as I know. He could turn the res down but he's wanting to run it at 1900x1200. I think his 6800GT should be able to run it without a problem and if he does get a little lag he could drop the res a little but he most likely won't get any lag on a flight sim.

SLI is PCI Express, right?

Also: I could also just turn down the res, right? Say, to 1600x1200?

Still plenty smooth-looking, but wouldn't be as much of a hog, right?

you could like totaly do that... (.. thats hot ..)

your only going to really have trouble once AA/AF is up without that anygame out today will run Max settings 1900x1200 with a 6800Gt. if doom3 at 1600x1200 4x AA gets 60+ fps than your set.

your only going to really have trouble once AA/AF is up without that anygame out today will run Max settings 1900x1200 with a 6800Gt. if doom3 at 1600x1200 4x AA gets 60+ fps than your set.

quake 4 with 8x AA @ 1280x1024 plays decently with 30ish fps :lol:

FEAR would pose a problem for a 6800GT at either of those resolutions on max settings.

yea, thats why I got a 7800GT ^^

anyway, a 6800GT OC should handle most games @ very high settings! If not, buy an Arctic Silencer, pop that on and then OC it a little, then it should, but with flight simulators, no problem @ all, you might just want to test it, when it laggs, just turn the settings down!