Recommended Power Supplies List

• 2 weeks later...

The Coolmax CUQ-1350B is in the list. I have the Coolmax CUG-950 Running 2 GTX 280's in SLI, and has been running fine- only has 67amps on 12v rails although.

Does Coolmax make their own PSU's? Why aren't more on the list?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the ABS Tagan BZ1100 modular in my new build. It seems to work great, runs cool, looks cool and comes with lots of accessories. What do you think? B:)

post-65794-1235611521_thumb.jpg

post-65794-1235781226_thumb.jpg

post-65794-1235781256_thumb.jpg

Edited by polabear

Does Coolmax make their own PSU's?

No, not as far as I know. For example, the CUQ-1350B which is on the list is a Sirtec build.

I don't know off the top of my head, but they probably use other OEMs as well.

Why aren't more on the list?

Seeing as all PSUs on the list are added on a per unit basis, I have to wait until someone (properly) reviews a specific unit.

Generally you can be reasonably confident that other units in a series will exhibit similar qualities (providing they share the same hardware platform), but it isn't always the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Removed BeQuiet! (all) - Slightly ruthless to cull them all probably, but I don't know why I hadn't done it before. Lack of reliable evidence. Reckon there is some more pruning to be done, as well as a few more additions. Will sort that out over this week hopefully. :)

Added Antec TruePower New 750W - review data here

Using a platform which appears to be very similar to the Seasonic M12D, yet retails for considerably less. Looks to be good value.

Also, I'm considering going back to adding review links to the list, as much for my own sanity as anything (it means I will be able to see which units I don't currently have good sources on for one).

Would you guys find that helpful?

Added Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850W Cable Management - review data here

It would be nice if Tt simplified its lineup a bit. A number of similar units makes things a bit confusing at the moment.

Also, I'm considering going back to adding review links to the list, as much for my own sanity as anything (it means I will be able to see which units I don't currently have good sources on for one).

Would you guys find that helpful?

I would find it helpful, and thank you for this thread. :D

Edited by redtigerdragon