Pwease Help with data recovery!

HomerJaySimpson

Hi peeps...

I'm in urgent need of advice about recovery software...I reimaged my windows partition the other day using Acronis and without realising, i deleted all my college work! I have tried a program called Search & Recover, but it didn't bring up much...Just internet cache and useless junk... :blink:

Is there a better program anyone can recommend? Or is there anything else i can do??

Pwease help! :ph34r:

Well, it's not the newest version, but it works.

EDIT: Just make sure you install and recover the files to a different drive so you don't overwrite anything. ;)

Edited by Bleeble

testdisk ftw: http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?testdisk.html

I used it to recover files and it worked great. Didn't find anything on the initial scan, but then it did a deep scan and found all my files. I wasn't in the same situation as you (I knew the stuff was still there, not deleted), but worth a shot.

What'd you use to re-partition? If you had to reformat, then I'd say it's a lost cause.

I tried every program i could...Search and recover seemed to bring up the most hits...I used Acronis True Image to backup my windows partition which had all my stuff on it...Unfortunately i backed it up before i had any important stuff on there and didn't back it up afterwards...

No probs though, just booked a few days off work so i could catch up and re-do all my hard work :lol:

I guess i'll keep a backup on flash drive, dvd/cd, other hard drive and mp3 player in future...Just to be safe :D

Coulda been worse...I coulda lost my CS:S cfg :lol:

Edited by HomerJaySimpson