Ocz Phase Change

airman

and I'm hearing -25 is with no cpu hooked to it :( so figure just barely sub zero when actually deployed

well im pretty dissapointed with only -25, but for the price you can't complain.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sale price:

$439.99

>.>

Nice find airman, I'd like to see what it cools too once it comes out.

440$ is downright worth it, were talking about sometihng thats cheaper than the original vapo chill (although it doesnt keep as cool) and a bit more than a good watercooling setup, and it works way better than the latter. i am looking into getting one, but that case has go to go its ugly. (insert dremel here)

440$ is downright worth it, were talking about sometihng thats cheaper than the original vapo chill (although it doesnt keep as cool) and a bit more than a good watercooling setup, and it works way better than the latter. i am looking into getting one, but that case has go to go its ugly. (insert dremel here)

hmm thats still alot for what your getting... i mean shell out another 500 and you can get -120*C.. still a bit to expensive i think, once they are down 2-300 Canadian i might look into one, iv got to findish my chilled water setup and see how that works....

Well I spent about $350 on my water system counting all the extra tubing, pelts, and water blocks.(maintenance and attempted upgrades) By the end of its life that kit was actually worse then good air cooling. So yes an affordable PS system sounds good to me. I had some posts about that someplace. Personally I don't think 0C is anything to sneeze at.

:withstupid:

I'm interested in this... hopefully it'll be around or under the $200 mark. Okay, so it won't freeze the whole room, but it's better than the 32*c I get now :P

affordable phase change is better than nothing imo, still does a decent job of cooling compared to water and air cooling though.

For an extra $10 to $60 you can get a custom unit that cools better than a vapo. My unit only cost me $500 and it does -50*C. This is why the OCZ unit doesn't impress me that much. It would HAVE to be $200 or less to be worth the drop off in performance vs. a slightly more expensive custom unit.

For an extra $10 to $60 you can get a custom unit that cools better than a vapo. My unit only cost me $500 and it does -50*C. This is why the OCZ unit doesn't impress me that much. It would HAVE to be $200 or less to be worth the drop off in performance vs. a slightly more expensive custom unit.

:withstupid: If they can manage around 200 bucks, maybe 250, then hell yea it'll be worth it - even if it only goes to around 0c its still leaps and bounds ahead of water, and with a price around that of a decent water loop.