Sign in to follow this  
burgerLord

Rig Trouble

lol he brought it to a computer storee and paied 60 bucks for them to try to fix it....quite newb if u ask me.. bu back to the problem... he didnt have a 4pin from the floppy connector of power on the board...i connected and that increased stability i bet and the only problem is... its the slot i think...from past experiances i recommended that the issue may have been the screwdriver...if it was magnetic he wouldv'e ruined the thing...so..yea lets wait till we find out what that store says....might have to RMA..

Dude, 1 I didn't take it, my dad did because hes one of those people who are like "zzomgwtfbbq comp storez r 1337!!!!!1!!" He thinks they're going to do stuff that I couldn't do with other PCI-E cards, mobos, and cpus.

2, No, it was deffinetly not a magnitized screwdriver, I'm not that idiotic. The thing was basiclly wooden.

LOL...Calm down now....LOL You have to know lucifersMagician before you take that personal. He was messin' with your head, his sence of humor is like that.

***Mumbling to mysel. zzomgwtfbbq comp storez r 1337!!!!!1 and a 'basic' wooden screwdriver??? :huh:

LOL...Calm down now....LOL You have to know lucifersMagician before you take that personal. He was messin' with your head, his sence of humor is like that.

***Mumbling to mysel. zzomgwtfbbq comp storez r 1337!!!!!1 and a 'basic' wooden screwdriver??? :huh:

O'god, I know exaclty where this is going; two more pages of discussing the "basic wooden screwdriver"

he does know lucifersmagician

Yeah, he does, hes the one thats been trying to fix this thing in person so hes no flaming anybody, hes teasing him :P .

Anyways, back to topic.

he does know lucifersmagician

Yeah, he does, hes the one thats been trying to fix this thing in person so hes no flaming anybody, hes teasing him :P .

lol yeah I've known him since like, 3rd grade or something :P

Guess what, I have that motherboard and it was a pain to get runnin. First, it never booted with only one stick of RAM in it. I had to put two in there to get anything. After that, the system kept crashing. I found out that even though my ram's voltage is 2.6v, i had to put it to 2.8v to keep the system stable. No, my system is not overclocked though my signatur says it has a small one. Hope this helps.

Did you use standoffs?

Of course

Guess what, I have that motherboard and it was a pain to get runnin. First, it never booted with only one stick of RAM in it. I had to put two in there to get anything. After that, the system kept crashing. I found out that even though my ram's voltage is 2.6v, i had to put it to 2.8v to keep the system stable. No, my system is not overclocked though my signatur says it has a small one. Hope this helps.

Heh, mine wont run with 2 sticks either, no clue if ill ever get it running at this point, <_< looking into RMA.

the guy said because my wires were stuck behind my cd drives it was shorting it out. Dosn't sound like he knew entirely what he was doing, espically since he put my front pannel pins on upside down :rolleyes:

Anyway my rigs running, apparantly there was some lenier overload to the cd drive, which for some reason wasnt letting it pass post.

...:noob couth at self...hard:

Edited by burgerLord