Sign in to follow this  
burgerLord

Rig Trouble

i got an idea...lol a wierd idea...how exactly did u reset ur Cmos? tell me what u did ill tell u if u did it right.. also ill come over and take a look at it...i need to know xactly what steps u did in order to reset it and i can go from there...trial and error bro...keep trying

i got an idea...lol a wierd idea...how exactly did u reset ur Cmos? tell me what u did ill tell u if u did it right.. also ill come over and take a look at it...i need to know xactly what steps u did in order to reset it and i can go from there...trial and error bro...keep trying

1. unpluged power

2. set jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3

3. pushed power

4. waited 10 minutes

5. set jumpers back to 1-2

6. plug power in and turned back on

I'm thinking its the gpu tho, idk gonna try it after school.

1. unpluged power

2. set jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3

3. pushed power

4. waited 10 minutes

5. set jumpers back to 1-2

6. plug power in and turned back on

I'm thinking its the gpu tho, idk gonna try it after school.

Computer components are like babies, if you drop them, they're gonna be messed up later on. Also, if the person that delivered the babie, just like the person that delivered the computer part, dropped it, its gonna be messed up. Unless you figure something out soon, you might be looking forward to RMA. Sorry.

Well its not the graphic card. Still didn't work with friends 6800gt. I'm looking at it possibly being the motherboard or the processer (I hope not, RMAing them would take a long time) <_<

Oh well, I'll know by tomorrow evening.

Well its not the graphic card. Still didn't work with friends 6800gt. I'm looking at it possibly being the motherboard or the processer (I hope not, RMAing them would take a long time) <_<

Oh well, I'll know by tomorrow evening.

What company did you buy it from. Newegg? I dunno, nevertheless it shouldn't take no longer than 3 weeks :unsure:

What company did you buy it from. Newegg? I dunno, nevertheless it shouldn't take no longer than 3 weeks :unsure:

Yeah, Newegg. Someone also suggugested that it could be my ram because DFIs are notoriuosly picky

Yeah, Newegg. Someone also suggugested that it could be my ram because DFIs are notoriuosly picky

I shouldn't think so... just make sure you try different ideas before returning it. :)

RMA...Just do it. I know it's something you really don't want to do but it sounds like you have another computer so that should soften things up alittle. Some of us had to do it, and yes I am sympathetic to your problems but.....**Putting my hand on you shoulder**.....She's dead...stand back and walk away...we did all we could. Let's all say a prayer and let the Mobo take it's journey tooooo...................ah hell. SHE'S DEAD FOR CHRIPES SAKE! RMA the dang thing!!!!

lol he brought it to a computer storee and paied 60 bucks for them to try to fix it....quite newb if u ask me.. bu back to the problem... he didnt have a 4pin from the floppy connector of power on the board...i connected and that increased stability i bet and the only problem is... its the slot i think...from past experiances i recommended that the issue may have been the screwdriver...if it was magnetic he wouldv'e ruined the thing...so..yea lets wait till we find out what that store says....might have to RMA..