Ipod Mini Mods

ady1989

well ive succesfully soft modded my 2nd gen 4gb silver ipod mini. i installed linux, and i also installed idoom. i can now play videos by converting them to an ipod friendly format. it's awesome, linux for it pretty much takes the software barrier off the ipod and unleashes it's power. obsolete_power convinced me to give ipod linux a try, and then i got uber into it. this is trully awesome, takes a crappy ipod and makes it not-so-crappy :D. oh, and ive also had some serious problems when installing because i thought it was bricked, but i guess ipods really are unbrickable (unless they have defective parts)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive succesfully soft modded my 2nd gen 4gb silver ipod mini. i installed linux, and i also installed idoom. i can now play videos by converting them to an ipod friendly format. it's awesome, linux for it pretty much takes the software barrier off the ipod and unleashes it's power. obsolete_power convinced me to give ipod linux a try, and then i got uber into it. this is trully awesome, takes a crappy ipod and makes it not-so-crappy :D. oh, and ive also had some serious problems when installing because i thought it was bricked, but i guess ipods really are unbrickable (unless they have defective parts)

616476[/snapback]

lol thanx to me :P

and no, it doesnt use the actual fridge for cooling, lol.

616528[/snapback]

mine would.

somehow......

dangit, now im gonna sleep all night staring at my fride thinking of hwo im gonna do this and more importanly, how many sodas i can fit in afterwards, and where in the world am i gonna get an lcd screen for free to do this. and why. what would i display?

But the Ipod Mini is not even a color screen??? is it really worth it>?

616529[/snapback]

surprisingly yes it works quite well. i am thuroughly impressed with Linux on my ipod, i have it dual booting with the stock Ipod firmware, if you hold the rewind button down at boot it loads linux. iv also got linux on my xbox :P i woulnder what else i could put it on....