Why Is My Network So Slow ?!?

ive got two of my computers running on a network, one is my main system listed in my signature the other is a 1.7Ghz P4 with 512Mb of DDR, i was playing Battlefield 1942 today with a friend of mine and we where both getting horrible lag !?! im using a Linksys 4 port hub, is there a tweaking program or benchmarker for my network so i can find the bottle neck ???

oh yea both computers are running XP pro and the 1.7 has a GeForce 2 MX400 64MB AGP card for graphics

im working on getting a Switch but the hub is all i got for now, also we tried using both computers as the server and had the same result both ways, we even tried setting up a dedicated server on my 800Mhz celeron with the same result

I'm selling a Switch if you are interested. Email me. [email protected]

Info on the switch can be found on My Website under the Computer Stuff for Sale link near the bottom. Let me know if you are interested. Its perfectly good. The only reason i'm selling it is because I don't need it anymore. only about 1 month old, I got drivers and box and everything for it. Just email me if you interested. Thanks.

Edited by gouber