More Build Advice Yarr

Bionix

My friend wants to build a rig. His budget is $1500. He wants to spend around 400-500 bucks on a proecessor. He already has a hard drive, case, optical drives, monitor. So what do u guys recommend? He wants to play BF2 so I'm sure he'll need alot of ram.

Guest Raven65

if hes a hardcore gamer and not a overclocker, no point of having opt, IMHO go with san diego with Gskill and the GTX

gtx - 500$

sandy - 334$

194 - 200$

total is 1034, tell him to donate the 400$ to me. :-)

He says hes all set on a Power supply, sorry ste. He has a 680 Watt Thermaltake.

Dice...

what's a 194?

edit:

My friend is asking about the X2's... sounds like he wants one, he says the only issues with them is that u have to turn off one of the cores when u wanna game. Is he mis informed? Will the x2 be a better overall chip? granted he turns a core off when gaming

Edited by Bionix

He says hes all set on a Power supply, sorry ste.  He has a 680 Watt Thermaltake. 

Dice...

what's a 194?

edit:

My friend is asking about the X2's... sounds like he wants one, he says the only issues with them is that u have to turn off one of the cores when u wanna game.  Is he mis informed? Will the x2 be a better overall chip? granted he turns a core off when gaming

616058[/snapback]

Lol @ TT. Ya hes definitly misinformed about turning the second core off. Cause you can't do that. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Ste

Ste thats incorrect, im sure theres a way to stop using the second core, if im not right, then the kid in cs was speedhacking. I was informed that when you use both cores, in FPS games like cs you teleport... like months ago there was a thread about this, people teleporting because of the X2's, one of the owners of a X2 told me that they could turn off the second core,and then they wouldnt teleport.

Ste thats incorrect, im sure theres a way to stop using the second core, if im not right, then the kid in cs was speedhacking. I was informed that when you use both cores, in FPS games like cs you teleport... like months ago there was a thread about this, people teleporting because of the X2's, one of the owners of a X2 told me that they could turn off the second core,and then they wouldnt teleport.

616069[/snapback]

If its true I will definitly Retract the statement. But I don't know that explaination sounds ify.