Hdd Mod

golles

Hey I was wondering if anyone did a mod on the hdd?

I was looking on google and here but could find any nice hdd mods, I'm willing to change the above metal plate with a peace of plexi.

anyone that knows some guildes?

thanks in advance

//golles

Guest Raven65
Nice idea... but opening a HDD (that's been sealed in a dust free environment) would severely risk early failure... still it'd look shweeet! :D

615571[/snapback]

:withstupid: Yippers!

Search google for a tutorial on how to do it...most people will open their HDD in the bathroom with the shower going so that there is steam and dust will not attracted to your HDD. Then just cut your window, throw your plexi in there and reassemble it. But like I said, you'll want to search for some more detailed instructions on this.

google for a guide, or try www.metku.net for some mods. anyways, dont try this with an expensive HD at 1st, then open it up, and quickly put in the piece of plexi. make sure you dont use glue such as superglue, makes fumes and can damage the hd. the piece of plezi you install must be 110% DUST FREE! good luck!

Yeah, I'm thinking that if you want to open a hard drive and have it still work when it goes back together that it would have to be in a strictly controlled environment (strict to the point of it being prohibitively expensive).

Hence why you won't find anyone who has done it.

The new raptor is going to come with a window in it anyway isn't it.

That is a MUCH better idea then opening a HDD open.

Think of it this way. If you get a particle of dust on it big enough for you see, when you go to blow on it to get it off, you killed the drive because of the tiny particles of spit that came out.

HDD platters are VERY VERY easily broken. I cannot stress this enough!