6:30 - i'll do it later

7:30 - i'll do it later

8:30 - i'll do it later

9:30 - i'll do it later

10:30 - i'll start

10:45 - boring.  gotta get to bed

11:30 - i'll do it in the morning

615128[/snapback]

Same here. Everyday I come home thinking I'll get it done so I can relax. Every day though, I find some sort of way to avoid it until 10:00 and then I'm up until midnight doing work and only get five hours of sleep. This year, howerver, i'm determined to break that habit and start getting it done. It's funny how much more I could relax if I would just get it done, but how my brain just completely rejects that idea.

Edited by Cookieman123

Guest Fried_fry

Im usually like:

Its due it a week I'l wait

a week later oh crap I havent done it yet crap crap crap!!!

day 1 after its due: Start

day 2 after its due: Finish

day 3 after its due: Hand in

but If i do it on time I have troble if i dont have any background noice so I usually have the tv on or music on and I dont stop until Im done (except for food)

Same here. Everyday I come home thinking I'll get it done so I can relax. Every day though, I find some sort of way to avoid it until 10:00 and then I'm up until midnight doing work and only get five hours of sleep. This year, howerver, i'm determined to break that habit and start getting it done. It's funny how much more I could relax if I would just get it done, but how my brain just completely rejects that idea completely.

:withstupid: Im tring to do the samething and I get the same result as you!

Edited by Fried_fry

i always get distracted by msn... dang orange flashingness... and i have music going on in the background, but not that loud, just kinda to keep my mind from wandering, i find if its really quiet then i just start thinking about random things and nothing gets done. but with music i can just listn to it and do the homework.. except for msn and occ, they always distract me.

required ingredients for an all-nighter:

dr. thunder X 6

J-pop music

shower X 3

easy mac ( for 4 or 5 in the morning)

video games (to keep you awake after you finish before class)

I do homework at my desk, which has my computer at it. So as you can imagine, I get very easily distracted by the IRC channel, IM programs, music, internet, games, etc.

All of you people that say you don't do homework suck. If I didn't do my homework, I'd be failing every single class. Of course I got away with it in high school, but a B.S.E.E. is an entirely different story.

i know its bad, but i got to the point where i TRY to sit down and do my work, but i see the pc 50cm away from me, and i start to game. and i game. and i game. and i dont stop. befor you know it, its 3 am and im still not done homework. right now i have 5poems and 2 final projects for english to finish since my course ends tomorrow, its 2 am, and i havent started. probably never will. i have bad habits..... :(

The site isn't geared toward kids, this poll is. And FYI, MANY gamers are younger and still in college/grade school.

But ON TOPIC, last night I did my Homework during The loading times of underground 2...Not kidding. It started out as " I forgot my calculator, I'll use my PC's calc program." Someone(myself) had put the machine in hibernate mode running underground 2, however, and I couldn't resist playing :D (used my palm pilot's calc.)

BTW, firestorm, Nice sig. I AM Using firefox on a mac(only at school) and I see where your sig came from :P

The site isn't geared toward kids, this poll is.  And FYI, MANY gamers are younger and still in college/grade school. 

But ON TOPIC, last night I did my Homework during The loading times of underground 2...Not kidding.  It started out as " I forgot my calculator, I'll use my PC's calc program."  Someone(myself) had put the machine in hibernate mode running underground 2, however, and I couldn't resist playing :D (used my palm pilot's calc.)

BTW, firestorm, Nice sig.  I AM Using firefox on a mac(only at school) and I see where your sig came from :P

615775[/snapback]

lol it takes you THAT long to load underground 2?

Guest Raven65

Well, that's a misconception that adults don't have homework. I'm 40 yrs old and have homework all the time. It's not considered the same as school homework but it's still homework.

As adults in the professional world we call it research and CEU's (continuing education credits) These are things that are required for us to keep our jobs. To keep up my paramedic cert, I need 48 hours (credit hours) every 2 years. For firefighting we train for 2 hours a day. Usually when at home I'm researching new products and new medications that I might use someday. So, I guess you can say homework never ends.

Thank you for the clarification, raven65. I was referring to Guzzidom's sarcastic post.....

BTW, What I meant by my last post was I didn't have too much Homework :P During the loading times, I got maybe 5 numbers into my calculator each time...LOL. Then again, I am running it in 160mb of RAM...Not kidding.

english: sometime late at night like 1am i start it then wake up at 5am to finish it. sleep in class and get B's like this somehow lol.

Biology: Never. Dont even try it

History: Lot of times teacher will let us work on it in class. easy class for me

Math: In this class just before where i can do homework

time wise basically the same as marty.

Edited by SeV.o3 TwiZZler

I used to do homework infront of my computer where I always get distracted by forum'ing and reading up on news, but recently I have been trying to break away from the habit, so now I do my homework in the kitchen where I sometimes get distracted by food :lol: