Sign in to follow this  
LucifersMagician

Computer Shutdown Issue

Hey, my computer has been randomly shutting down for the past 2 weeks... i log onto a game and BAM a shutdown and reboot... and now i restoreed the whoel system and everythign and it only reboots when the temp hits 50c and i cant find the option to change the shutdown temp in the BIOS.... any othern options... so... we do know its the temps...but how to fix..we cant figure out!

Thanks,

are you sure its the temp. could be a bad psu or something. but if it is the temp. then i would think more about cooling that processor, rather than letting it run hotter. you dont want it sustained much over 50c.

it might be a psu problem, but if you think its the temp, go buy some arctic silver 5 and a thermalright cooler. make a nice and clean job of appying it, it should lower the cpu temps considerably.

it might be a psu problem, but if you think its the temp, go buy some arctic silver 5 and a thermalright cooler. make a nice and clean job of appying it, it should lower the cpu temps considerably.

614961[/snapback]

We do have AS5 on it.

Check the psu with a DMM and see what it says. It could be a psu, memory, temps, hard drive, or the mobo. Most likely though it sounds like temps. I assume you have already tried reseating the HS, etc. What mobo and bios version do you have? If I know that I can point you where to look for the option to change the shutdown temp.