Child Discipline

Savan

Should parents hit their children?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents hit their children?

• yes
    • no

Guest Raven65

Should parents, "SPANK" their children. Although I have never had a reason to discipline my son in that manner. Yes. Some children seem to never learn whatever you do to try to discipline them. They need that negative reinforcement.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im pro hitting. im european, and theres none of the "youre grounded and no allowance" crap we have here in canada. if i told a kid to stop being so retared and stop doing stupid crap and they continued, id slap in the face. thats just me.

:lol:  :thumbs-up: 

Wow...31 out of 43 people say yes...this place is scary. Hitting a child does nothing except possibly psychologically screw them up.

614897[/snapback]

I think you are confusing coming home drunk and beating your family with letting a child know the consequences of their actions. The former may screw up a kid. The latter, however, does not have (usually) bad effects aside from a kid becoming afraid of or hating his or her parents.

I was spanked (minimally) when I was younger. But as I grew up, I learned how NOT to get spanked. Now my punishment is just an hour-long dissection of every one of my personality traits and how they make me a bad person.

im pro hitting. im european, and theres none of the "youre grounded and no allowance" crap we have here in canada. if i told a kid to stop being so retared and stop doing stupid crap and they continued, id slap in the face. thats just me.

614963[/snapback]

well if you were an adult and spanked my child, thats warrentied for me to "defend" my child against you :lol: but anyways hitting (in terms of spanking) cant be used as an excuse for what ever reason, imo talking and spanking work when carefully used, dont abuse the privilage. btw guys i dont suggest hitting other peoples children unless your about the same age and/or size :lol:

I voted yes but thats for the right to hit your child. On the other hand I think there are better ways to dealing with children. I remember when I would get stuff taken away ex:favorite toy or grounding, it was much worse then being back handed because I was bored out of my mind.

but the chances of that are higher for a child that isnt hit.

614898[/snapback]

Ha! Show me where you got that statistic! A light buttspank is different from a hit though, and when I see videos of adults beating their children it makes me want to vomit. It's not the way to raise a child and they just repeat what happened to them on their kids.

Ha! Show me where you got that statistic! A light buttspank is different from a hit though, and when I see videos of adults beating their children it makes me want to vomit. It's not the way to raise a child and they just repeat what happened to them on their kids.

615054[/snapback]

Nobody's advocating beating children senseless. There's a huge difference. Hitting them in a disciplinary action is not bad. And I specifically said "hitting" and not spanking because it doesn't HAVE to be a spank. Sometimes a slap of the face or shoulder has the same results. Or a belt ;)

Sometimes a slap of the face or shoulder has the same results.  Or a belt ;)

615067[/snapback]

That disgusts me. People who endorse this kind of stuff just can't handle the issue in any other way, so they turn to physical strength to discipline them.

That disgusts me. People who endorse this kind of stuff just can't handle the issue in any other way, so they turn to physical strength to discipline them.

615071[/snapback]

read my post, and you must live near or have "perfect" children then or dont even live in the north east then :lol: how would you react if, just an example, your 6 year old punched and scratched your face in public or if your 14 year old did the same?