Sign in to follow this  
Savan

Child Discipline

Should parents hit their children?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents hit their children?

• yes
    • no

Can a mod please fix title to "Discipline" and not diciplin, it hurts my eyes to read that :P

Anyways, i feel that a parent should never have to hit their child. You just have to establish respect at an early age, and they will turn out alright. Fearing someone is horrible, it is better to be more of a friend to your child, because that way you get to know them better, and probably influence them for the better.

The point is...is that some children will never respect their parents. You have never met my sister. If you knew her...you would change your opinion to: "Some children deserve to have black widows bite their eyeballs while snakes breed in their intestines."

EDIT: Ew...I just realized that that is pretty bad...

My view is the same as it is on "child leashes". You shouldn't need to have your child on a physical leash. Have them on a mental one. Let em know not to F$% around... beating them may only create more problems.

I'm only 18... so I don't have any parenting experience. Although I can tell you that my dad never beat us, and we all turned out to be tough kids.

absolutely. Sometimes you gotta hit them to teach them a lesson...and you wouldn't want your kid growing up to be a little wuss.

things shouldn't get out of hand to the point at which you do have to hit your kids...if you have to hit your kids your not only a bad parent for hitting 'em your a bad parent because you let them get out of hand...you spoiled 'em, gave 'em to much freedom...or w/e the case is...

hitting your kids only results in your kids being scared of you and lashing out because of your aggressive behaviour toward them....a stern talking to and a punishment/penelty for the kids action should be enough

Hell Yes!!!! I personally think that the parents of today's missing backbone is one of the biggest reason for the decay of today's society. Now punching a kid with a closed fist is wrong, but smack em, spank em, whatever is a good thing.

The odd clip round the ear builds character I reckon.

As long as you use it correctly and don't physically harm them, I can't see a huge problem.

Still.. it'd be a last resort for me.

Nice job on only giving us two extreme choices.

It depends on the child. Each one is different. For me, threats and stuff have worked for some things later in my life. However, when I was a kid, I learned rather quickly when spanked.

My little sister is one who deserves a spanking every once in awhile... doesn't help that my parents spoil her.

A good tail whipping always got my attention. Unfortunately a good portion of todays society thinks that its child abuse. Pinching the lock of hair right behind the ear also does wonders for getting your point across.

Well a kid should be "spanked" not "hit" when they do something wrong, I was growing up. As far as I know a spanking shouldnt hurt the kid physically too much, its more of an emotional thing about getting spanked that keeps the kids in line. At least thats how I remember it, but that was a long time ago.