Is This Ethernet Switch Any Good For A Lanparty?

only 2 of those ports are gigabit. personally id get full gigabit, if i was spending that much. but i dont know what affect gigabit will have on lanning as opposed to 100 mbit.

edit: on second thought i just took a look at full gigabit 24 port switches. dang they are expensive.

Yea.. i tried explaining that to Psychotic... its gonna be 100mb most likely i mean its gonna be a lan server.... what could go wrong.... well we have 1000 dollars so...

614532[/snapback]

Do you think that having +or- 24 people on a "100mb" ethernet switch would lag anything?

only 2 of those ports are gigabit. personally id get full gigabit, if i was spending that much.  but i dont know what affect gigabit will have on lanning as opposed to 100 mbit. 

edit: on second thought i just took a look at full gigabit 24 port switches.  dang they are expensive.

614470[/snapback]

yeah, your edit explains it perfectly. I've been looking at switches recently for work. Most advertised "gigabit" switches are just like the posted one, only 2-4 ports that actually support gigabit, the others just 10/100. To go fully gigabit would cost you an arm and a leg and not worth it to host a lan party.

yeah, your edit explains it perfectly.  I've been looking at switches recently for work.  Most advertised "gigabit" switches are just like the posted one, only 2-4 ports that actually support gigabit, the others just 10/100.  To go fully gigabit would cost you an arm and a leg and not worth it to host a lan party.

614977[/snapback]

especially considering that most people dont have gigabit cards so it would run at 10/100 for most people anyways