Ocz Powerstream Dead?

In preperation for my new PC I took apart and sleeved my OCZ Powerstream 520w. After reassembling it and rewiring all of the connectors I decided to see what my CCFLs would look like inside my case. So I decided to jump my PSU with a paperclip on the green and black wires. However, it does not power on. I have done this paperclip trick on many PSUs (including one identical to this) so it should power on. Is there anything I could have accidently done while sleeving the PSU that would have resulted in its death? And if so, is there anything in particular I should look for, perhaps I can repair the damage. If you have any further insight please let me know, having my $130 PSU which I spent hours sleeving just sitting there dead is killing me :( .

When you say "You took it apart" What exactly do you mean.

If you have a spare motherboard you don't care about, Then try it on that.

Did you make sure the Power switch is on. ( I know, Stupid qeustion).

Edited by Ste

I took out the 4 screws with allowed me to slide the two pieces of sheetmetal apart, enabling me to get the sleeving all the way into the PSU. Yes, I flicked the powerswitch on and off many times and tried two different AC cords one of which I KNOW is good. No spare mobo :( and I'll be danged if I subject my RDX200 to this thing in it's current state.

Edit: Will a PC turn on (atleast enough to activate the PSU fans and leds) without any hardware in it? In other words I am just plugging my PSU into the DFI RDX200 and trying to power it in using the built in power button on the mobo. When I flip the PSU on the "LED 1" led lights up on the board, it is towards the bottom left corner and is yellow. However when I hit the power button nothing else happens. Just curious if I need to put more hardware in or not.

Edited by Nagash

It sounds as if you may have knocked something loose in the power supply when your were Sleeving the cables.

You said the Leds light up, but it never turns on when you hit the power switch, So I think it has to be related to the 20/24 Pin Connector.

Be careful!, I have no idea what you should look for, and it definitly not too safe sticking your hands in a power supply.

Prehaps you should consult lilkev on this. AFter all, hes his the Power supply Guru.

Edited by Ste

I was also under the impression that as long as the wires were the same color it didn't matter if they went into the exact same slot again. Like the ATX connector has about 10 black wires I thought it didn't matter what which black was in a slot, as long as it is in a slot designed for a black wire. It appears that I may be wrong. When I re-wired the PSU I just made sure that everything got into the same slot as far as color, not neccesarily the same slot that it was in to begin with, just the same color order. Is this wrong? And if so, is there any possible way to figure out how to re-wire it correctly? Thanks for your help in this.