Just For Fun :d

GuJuMaN89

You can't have 4 2 series opterons.  You can only have a dual setup.  For a 4 or 8 proc setup, you need 400 or 800 series opterons.

:P

613516[/snapback]

are u sure?

because for 940 processors, i only see the 2 series, and the board only supports 940 procs.

that sucks, my Dell is better than that

(My imatation of a Dell owner)

:Note: I dont have a Dell

613517[/snapback]

But mine is :D

Why the hell would you spend your time configuring a Computer your not going to buy? :huh:

there are 8 series opterons and most places do NOT carry them. they are expensive. I have a rig with 8 dual core opterons it it... and no you couldn't use the 200 series in there (lack of HTT links)

cuz im bored, and to see what u could get if i were bill gates

613528[/snapback]

You'd get a single koolance system for 4 CPUs? Not and without waterblocks?

Why do you have a 8proc computer bigred? <.< You must have one hell of a AC in your house, that or its on some crazy cooling or case

Edited by p8baller07

You can't have 4 2 series opterons.  You can only have a dual setup.  For a 4 or 8 proc setup, you need 800 series opterons.

:P

613516[/snapback]

:withstupid:

so besides it not even being a possible configuration, what's the point of just grouping parts together if you have no intention of buying/building it? We could all find the best parts and clump then together. Big whoop.

You'd get a single koolance system for 4 CPUs? Not and without waterblocks?

Why do you have a 8proc computer bigred? <.< You must have one hell of a AC in your house, that or its on some crazy cooling or case

613541[/snapback]

not at the house. they're actually in a building whit AC running durring a michigan winter :( it's my domain server for the storage farm... and it holds cool @ 39c under load on ALL cpus... about 40c case temp