Htt? Ram Divider?

czGLoRy

"What I did to start, was set my RAM divider to 1/2, LDT multi to 3X, then slowly moved my FSB/HTT up 15MHz at a time"

I am about clueless on overclocking, but someone told me this. I think I could do this, in the genie bios I found the LDT multi and the FSB but there is no HTT there, and someone told me ram divider option is under dram config, but I looked there and couldn't find it, does anyone have any suggestions/opinions towards this?

"What I did to start, was set my RAM divider to 1/2, LDT multi to 3X, then slowly moved my FSB/HTT up 15MHz at a time"

I am about clueless on overclocking, but someone told me this. I think I could do this, in the genie bios I found the LDT multi and the FSB but there is no HTT there, and someone told me ram divider option is under dram config, but I looked there and couldn't find it, does anyone have any suggestions/opinions towards this?

612939[/snapback]

I'm not an expert but i believe that the FSB is the thing that others call htt (opteron ? a64 terminology)

yep, fsb, htt same thing.....

you can find the max oc on your cpu by putting your ram on a divider just like you have done, this way you have taken your ram out of the equation.

your friend has told you correct!

but you should also memtest your ram..to verify it does not error out.

A64 doesn't have FSB as the memory controller is on-chip, but it should be labelled as FSB in the bios, in reality it's HyperTransport Bus Frequency. LDT is Lightning Data Transport, which is like a FSB multi.