New 9 Series Intels?

So how are they, they came out what 3 days ago, I didnt know how they were, and do they still run hot,

i looked at tomsharware, but he really didnt say a whole lot about them

and the 65nm process, how does that relate to 90nm, which seems to work better?

i never quite understood the "nm" processes and what they mean

Edited by CoolMaster

they also run cooler

not quite sure how much cooler, but i think its a lot closer to amd's or even a little less now

612873[/snapback]

Over at Extreme tech, the kit Intel sent them idle at 60 degress Celcius!

Over at Extreme tech, the kit Intel sent them idle at 60 degress Celcius!

612875[/snapback]

That can't be right...any load on that and it would simply burn up, especially because of the 65nm proccess used. I've noticed that Intel doesn't really have much hype about anything anymore and are somewhat relying on prebuilts and servers to keep them up.

That can't be right...any load on that and it would simply burn up, especially because of the 65nm proccess used.  I've noticed that Intel doesn't really have much hype about anything anymore and are somewhat relying on prebuilts and servers to keep them up.

612925[/snapback]

Yeah, probably because right when Intel releases a new chip, it's either already beat by AMD, or AMD quickly releases a new one that stomps Intel's best offering (FX-60).

Well, the last time Intel tried the whole 1066FSB thing, it didn't provide as much of a gain as most people had hoped. We'll see this time though. Call me crazy, but I'm actually rootin' for 'em (I happen to really like my P4's, can't wait to look into one of these).

That can't be right...any load on that and it would simply burn up, especially because of the 65nm proccess used.  I've noticed that Intel doesn't really have much hype about anything anymore and are somewhat relying on prebuilts and servers to keep them up.

612925[/snapback]

i guess thats a nother reason why they are moving into consumer electronics aswell, besides anyhype here would involve gaming or overclockability......and Intel does not fit that discription... :D