Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

2x 7800gt's Or 1x 7800 Gtx For This Rig..

I have a limited budget. I can either get a 7800 GTX or 2X 7800 GT video cards. Which would be better for games? This computer won t be upgraded for a while, so the "get the 7800 gtx, you can always get another one later" wont come into play here. I myself having 2 7800 gtx cards in my rig, I cant be happier, but this isnt for me, its for my fiance who plays games, but not as much as me:).

The rig is as follows:

DFI NF4 SLI-DR

AMD 3800+ 64 @ 2.7 ghz (XP-90C with medium speed fan)

2 gigs OCZ PC4000 Ram

OCZ Powerstream 520 watt psu

I'm thinking about getting the 7800's and overclocking them a little. Only because she wont be upgrading for a while, and that extra card in there with the 7800 will only better it.

i would say 1 7800gtx and then grab another one after a while after saving up some money.

but if you HAVE to go with something now go with the two 7800gts.

well i would go with one gtx it should be cheaper then the sli of 7800gts

it would also be more game efficient, all games would run well.

also if she dosent play games that much i would just consider getting her a lower end card, 6600gt-6800gs still has PLENTY of power for todays games.

well i would go with one gtx it should be cheaper then the sli of 7800gts

it would also be more game efficient, all games would run well.

also if she dosent play games that much i would just consider getting her a lower end card, 6600gt-6800gs still has PLENTY of power for todays games.

612252[/snapback]

It would be about 100.00 cheaper to go with 1 gtx, but I think the 2 gt's will outperform 1 gtx. Especially since I wont be upgrading her computer for a while. I weighed the option of getting a gtx and one later, but thats 400 bux more in the long run then it would be to just get 2 gt's right now..

It would be about 100.00 cheaper to go with 1 gtx, but I think the 2 gt's will outperform 1 gtx. Especially since I wont be upgrading her computer for a while. I weighed the option of getting a gtx and one later, but thats 400 bux more in the long run then it would be to just get 2 gt's right now..

612256[/snapback]

well flash, atm i get 9k for 3dmark05 on my gtx. honestly main reason i want another card is just for benchmarks and playing with sli aa 8x, 16x and 32x (should it come out). now really if i really had to justify getting another card, i wouldnt. but if you must go with sli, then i suggest you push that proc higher because its gonna choke a bit on sli.

well flash, atm i get 9k for 3dmark05 on my gtx. honestly main reason i want another card is just for benchmarks and playing with sli aa 8x, 16x and 32x (should it come out). now really if i really had to justify getting another card, i wouldnt. but if you must go with sli, then i suggest you push that proc higher because its gonna choke a bit on sli.

612257[/snapback]

I have 2 gtx's in my opty rig and I love them. I dont benchmark with them, but I love how no game struggles. I just want something for her that will be a good upgrade, and not one that can get outdated in a month...

Edited by flashystylez

how many times do we need to go over this question guys? Seriously this has been asked way too many times as is.

go single higher end card. unless you're messing with apps that can use SLI... they're a "real world" waste of time and money. not to mention they are actually a problem in apps that do not support them (actually run slower)

how many times do we need to go over this question guys?  Seriously this has been asked way too many times as is.

go single higher end card.  unless you're messing with apps that can use SLI...  they're a "real world" waste of time and money.  not to mention they are actually a problem in apps that do not support them (actually run slower)

612276[/snapback]

I agree,

plus you wouldnt even notice the difference between 1 gtx and 2 gt's.......except maybe in like 3d mark etc.......

and 1 gtx prolly uses alot less power than 2 gt's.

so def go for 1 gtx