Upgrading From 9600xt Finally Need Help...

No, Puck is saying you'd be better off with a 9800 Pro. The 6600gt will be "all right". I would go with something that is "better" than "all right".

Why ask for advice if you aren't going to pay attention to it?

I can play Doom 3 and HL2 with fairly high settings with my 9800 Pro.

Edited by stitch_626

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a 6800! I just upgraded to one from a 9800 pro and i absoultely love it. I got mine for a bargain ($112 Shipped) so maybe you can too. It's a great card as far as I can tell. I haven't OC'ed it because my PSU is pretty weak... but right now it runs all my games on much higher settings than my 9800 pro could. I am very happy with it.

Get a 6800!  I just upgraded to one from a 9800 pro and i absoultely love it.  I got mine for a bargain ($112 Shipped) so maybe you can too.  It's a great card as far as I can tell. I haven't OC'ed it because my PSU is pretty weak... but right now it runs all my games on much higher settings than my 9800 pro could.  I am very happy with it.

611967[/snapback]

What about BF2 or Fear? You got the game or demo?

The lowest-priced "budget" PSU that I would recommend is a Fortron 400watt PSU for $40. Pretty much any other lower-priced PSU would be too much of a liability for your entire system.

612004[/snapback]

:withstupid: thats my favorite psu to recommend to non-overclockers or ppl without cutting edge hardware :)

yes definately get that fortron instead of the other ones.... that is one thing you dont skimp on is the power supply. if it fails, it oculd take the rest of your system with it.

and yes, i would say its most likely quiet because it has a 120mm fan in it. (usually more quiet the bigger they get)

Should I get the retail or the OEM of this Fotron PSU? It's a 3 dollar difference.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817104952

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817104953

:withstupid:

And when I get the Evga card do I have to use their drivers or from nvidia site? Or is it the same? :bah:

Edited by Christian3807