Sign in to follow this  
Vic Mackey

Thinking Of A New Rig...

I was thinking of getting a 3700 sandy, DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail, and an Evga 7800gt and keeping the rest of the stuff in my computer(ram, hd, psu). I will upgrade ram and get a x-fi card later on... Now the evga 7800gt says it requires a minimum of 450W PSU??? Is this true?

When they say that they dont mean the video card itself needs a 450W power supply loll but i think you already know that.

The point is it always depends on what your comp will be.

Like if you have hi powered fans ccfl's and stuff you might need a bit more .

Final point is they always mean a plain rig, nothing fancy everything stock ;)

If you are planning on keeping your 430W Antec, it should do just fine. It's a decent quality PSU, so I wouldn't worry too much.

The fans don't draw too much power, so they shouldn't be a problem. If you're interested in finding out approximately how much juice your system will take, go here. That should give you a general idea of what to shoot for. :D

The fans don't draw too much power, so they shouldn't be a problem.  If you're interested in finding out approximately how much juice your system will take, go here.  That should give you a general idea of what to shoot for.  :D

610591[/snapback]

Wow thanks man you rock!! I put in all my hardware and it says it would only take 292W?? Can that be right? I just thought it would be alot more... especially with the 7800gt. must be cause I only have 1 hard drive and 1 dvd rw drive or something

Hey I looked at my antec manual and it says my PSU has an output of : +12v 26A, +3.3v 28A, and +5v 36A. how does that sound?

hmm i was reading the reviews at newegg.com and some people with less than 450W were having trouble... but not every one with less than 450W...

Edited by Vic Mackey