GuJuMaN89

i own a computer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1788 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:14 PM

wow never thought i would say this:

TAZER AGAIN!!!

after seeing that vid, she is screaming lke a freaking 2 yr old AHHHHH AHHHHHH OMG LOOK AT MY ARM! i mean jeez,stfu allready.
Samsung series 9 Laptop

#26 Fire-Medic

Fire-Medic

Bosco's Tag Team Partner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

where's radeon when we need him?

View Post

dangit, that was MY line!

Wheres Radeon and Rated_R when you need them?

I think both of them were kind of.. lets say... stuck on stupid . :lol:

FD 9/11/01 343 NY
FTM-PTB-RTF-EGH

#27 IUMaestro

IUMaestro

Cooling Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:08 PM

What is? If you're referring to her being tazed, I recommend listening to the commentary.

PS Welcome back.

View Post

Yea - I suppose if you are being that unruly you should get taken control of but I don't agree with a tazer that fast... I mean he warned her didn't he.. she should have stfu and did
Posted Image
|::- AMD Athlon64 3700+ San Diego @ 2600 MHz -::|
|::- MSI K8N Neo2-F nForce3 Ultra -::|
|::- PC Power & Cooling 510 Deluxe -::|
|::- 2GB (4x512mb) OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5 -::|
|::- eVGA GeForce 6800GT 256mb @ 435/1100 Mhz -::|
|::- Custom Danger Den Water-Cooling -::|
|::- XP Pro x64 (slipped to 100mb) + Ubuntu dual boot -::|

#28 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

And also: She was warned several times. Listen to the commentary by Sgt. Aiken.
Is my Razer Diamondback retro yet?
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.

#29 OptikaliLLusion

OptikaliLLusion

Back from nowhere

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

Yeha, I remember this video. Heh, I remember RADEON calling it cop abuse and all :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#30 hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

Also, she took a swipe at one of the officers. Wasn't like she was just disibeying. Btw...don't go to a park and shoot airsoft near ducks(Not at them). The neighbors think you are shooting the ducks and call the cops on you. Happened to me today.
Case: Antec MicroFusion Remote 350
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 445 (3.1GHz)
Ram: Geil 4GB DDR3 1066 (2 x 2GB)
Video: Onboard graphics
HD: WD Caviar Blue - 1TB 7200RPM
TV Tuner: AVerMedia TVHD Duet
BD-ROM: Lite-On 4X-BD 8X-DVD 32X-CD

In my mind, they dropped the ball first. The ball sat on the ground, then the federal gov't looked at it, and didn't pick it up.

Posted Image

#31 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

I'm surprised that he didn't tase her just a taaaad bit longer... like maybe a few more minutes :lol:.
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.

#32 Savan

Savan

I'm a thread killer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2066 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:19 PM

lol :lol: :withstupid:

I think he should have tazed her a 3rd time, cuz she wouldnt shut up.

(\__/) Doctor Steel
(='.'=) "and then when no one expects it ... BAM !! No more unicorns" - Nyt Ryda
(")_(") Not that I don't trust you, but to be honest I don't really trust you. - Locutus

#33 Special_K

Special_K

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:03 AM

Just so you all know, I havn't watched the video just read your commontary. If you guys don't know I do work for a police station and have witnessed tazing as well as heard plenty of stories. Please allow me to disavow any myths.

1. These things do hurt like hell. They will drop the biggest guy you can come across.

2. These give a 5 seccond shock, no more. The officer using the tazer can choose to cut that 5 secconds short, or to issue more shocks as appropriate (the most I've heard of is 3, where the guy was completely disabled and actually deficated and urinated on himself).

3. I've seen many scenes where the use of non-lethal force was necessary, I'm not disputing that in this case. However, I feel that all of you who are saying "only 5 secconds" or "they should have hit her again" should be tazed yourself, to know what it's like. Officers, when they enter a department, get shot in the face with OC spray and tazed themselves so that they know what it's like. If you don't know what it's like, don't blatently display your ignorance.

#34 skinny

skinny

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

Just so you all know, I havn't watched the video just read your commontary. If you guys don't know I do work for a police station and have witnessed tazing as well as heard plenty of stories. Please allow me to disavow any myths.

2. These give a 5 seccond shock, no more. The officer using the tazer can choose to cut that 5 secconds short, or to issue more shocks as appropriate (the most I've heard of is 3, where the guy was completely disabled and actually deficated and urinated on himself).

Sorry, but I have to argue 2. I also have spent some time around a police station, and also around tasers. Tasers cycle for 5 seconds. You can cut it short manually. BUT, if you continue to hold the trigger for longer than 5 seconds, they continue to cycle for the length of time that the trigger is pulled. Now, being that they are electronic, and computerized, I suppose that it is possible to set them at a max cycle time. However, my experience has proven to me that they don't cut out at 5 just because its 5.

Now, for my opinion on the video. Totally justified use of force. She was given clear, direct, and legal commands, which she refused to comply with, multiple times. She was warned what would happen if she did not comply. The officer felt that his safety was being threatened, so he responded appropriately.
www.teamskinny.ca

#35 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

Skinny, are you an EMT/Law Enforcement Officer/First Responder? Two of your posts have already shown that you know what you're talking about, and you really do know your stuff :).

If so, thanks for giving your time to help save others in your community. Public Safety Professionals are under-appreciated.
s

#36 Fire-Medic

Fire-Medic

Bosco's Tag Team Partner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:52 PM

Sorry, but I have to argue 2.  I also have spent some time around a police station, and also around tasers.  Tasers cycle for 5 seconds.  You can cut it short manually.  BUT, if you continue to hold the trigger for longer than 5 seconds, they continue to cycle for the length of time that the trigger is pulled.  Now, being that they are electronic, and computerized, I suppose that it is possible to set them at a max cycle time.  However, my experience has proven to me that they don't cut out at 5 just because its 5.

Now, for my opinion on the video.  Totally justified use of force.  She was given clear, direct, and legal commands, which she refused to comply with, multiple times.  She was warned what would happen if she did not comply.  The officer felt that his safety was being threatened, so he responded appropriately.

View Post

Just FYI, I do believe that the ATF has set a regulation that states that a taser can cycle no more then three times before it MUST shut off for a certain period. If tasing a suspect one on one doesn't work after fifteen seconds of shocks, it's time to move to the next level of force, even if it's a lethal one.

Oh, BTW, thanks for the EDUCATED response about the situation. Common sense prevails.

FD 9/11/01 343 NY
FTM-PTB-RTF-EGH