Sign in to follow this  
Archerzz

Xfx 7800gt Vs Evga 7800gt

I know some people have posted about the xfx 7800 recently but I was trying to get a straight answer as to is there any noticible difference beteween these two cards.

XFX:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150124

eVGA:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814130256

I am leaning torward the XFX beacause it appears to have free games that come with it, is this true or are those just demos.

Thanks.

those are just demos, the evga one is out of stock but it comes with quake 4 tho... i'll have to say evga, there a well known company

Ok, I was leaning torward that one but what looked like free games made me go torward the xfx so knowing that they are demos I'm going to go with the one that I havent heard anything bad about it.

I'm pretty sure that they are the full OEM versions of those games, actually. But the eVGA does in fact come with Quake 4 now, so it's kind of a toos up there. Also, eVGA has the step-up program, if you decide to upgrade within 90 days of purchase. It's also been my experience that eVGA has great support and service.

Eyup. My friend just got an XFX and it came with OEM FarCry. Anyway, according to the box, XFX is better, faster, and cooler

Guest Raven65

Go with xfx better quality and a double lifetime warranty.

What does OEM mean? Is that 1337 for free full versions of games? I dont think im going to need to upgrade after I buy this card, I'm hoping that this will last me a while. Which I guess means it might be wise to plan ahead and buy from a company with lots of support...... gahhhh.... this is getting complicated <.<

The games will come in those little white sleeves with the a sticker on them containing the serial number. But they are in fact the full versions, just without the box and manual (OEM).

Ok, so I am swayed back to the xfx side, and I'm still hung up on the OEM thing is it an acronym or something?

i gotta say evga, that company is the best with life time warrenty, buy than your pci-e card will be replaced with somthing like 54873hG_DR slot, who knows.