Modular Power Supplies

Whoa, where have I seen this Power Supply before.....oh yea now I remember

Resize-Wizard-5.jpg

Resize-Wizard-3.jpg

As you can see from the captions I was in the process of creating a "How to" guide but now whats the point...you can buy a knockoff now almost anywhere and save yourself alot of work <_<

knock-off?  I don't get it.....these have been out for awhile.  I commend your job doing it yourself, but Hyper's are far from a knockoff.

609230[/snapback]

Hmmmm.....when you say "these have been out for awhile".....do you mean before this?New Case Mod

Fueler you should have patened your design when you first did it. Although I know it is not that easy and patening stuff is a large investment. Can't cry over spilt milk. :(

But, we all know here that you are a brilliant modder. One of the best IMO! :D

Fueler you should have patened your design when you first did it. Although I know it is not that easy and patening stuff is a large investment. Can't cry over spilt milk. :(

But, we all know here that you are a brilliant modder. One of the best IMO! :D

609261[/snapback]

I did my "whining" several months ago.....

This post was to inform the members that keep populating my mail box with requests for a "how to" guide that they don't need to go through the trouble....they can buy any of a host of variations of the power distribution scheme.

Edit:You are right about the large investment....it was more than I could afford at the time.

Nice work why not still do the guide, not everyone wants stock factory parts.

609323[/snapback]

Yea you're right I suppose I should finish it.....this is a "modding" forum after all :huh:

Fueler: Stop whining about it.  If you really cared you would have patented it and sold it off.

609248[/snapback]

Not everyone has the time or money for patenting things like that, Ste. Also, lawyer costs to prevent exploitation usually outdue profit. Want an example? The original inventor of the O Wrench was in the process of patenting the design of it, when he was taken advantage of by a larger company.

I care much about some of my modding ideas, and have concepts done for a new RAM cooling method. However, I'm not going to go around and try to patent it, because I know that it would cost too much and take too much time.

Fueler: Sorry to hear that your idea was taken :(.

erm... Hiper brought that psu out like 2 years ago or something... the type R came out in europe a long time ago anyway...

but why put off the guide? modding a psu to be modular with a custom harddrive "bay" is gonna be interesting to loads of people... the type R is a really good psu for the price, but it's not really worth buying one if you already have a decent psu...

MORE MODDING GUIDES!!! :D