Which Will Give Me Better Results.

Guest Raven65

Guest Raven65

I've been using 5.03 graphical version since I've been folding. I know there is the non graphical version also. Which one is going to give me better results? Explain why please.

Thanks,

Raven

Supposedly the console client is more streamlined and uses less resources. I use the 5.02 and 5.04 beta for the rigs i have. The 5.04 lets you setup big wu and the -advmethods flags in setup. On the 5.02 you have to add the flag to your shortcut.

Guest Raven65

I'm trying the 5.04 beta on my main rig right now, for some reason it won't load @ startup even though I have it set?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Raven65

sorry to bring this one back up, I switched from graphical to non 2 weeks ago my production on the puter has dropped. Seems to take about 2 days average to fold 1 unit.

Am I doing something wrong here?

The -forceasm flag will not improve your results - unless you had an improper shutdown of the client, so that the next time it starts it manually forces the optimizations on. During normal situations, it has no effect on the speed.

As for running the graphical client vs. console version, you should not notice much, if any, difference in processing time. They both use the same cores, where all the work is done. The only difference is the graphical client might use a few more CPU cycles in drwaing the proteins on the screen, but if you keep it minimized most of the time, the impact should be very small.

As for production dropping, I would say that the mix of work units you are getting has more of an impact than switching clients.

Supposedly the console client is more streamlined and uses less resources. I use the 5.02 and 5.04 beta for the rigs i have. The 5.04 lets you setup big wu and the -advmethods flags in setup. On the 5.02 you have to add the flag to your shortcut.

I have been gradually changing to 5.04s when I catch one turning in a WU or close to it and add the -oneunit flag and change over I set one for 2 service on a 3.0C how do I get forceasm in there to do its thing? Anyone know? Thanks.