Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

G.skill Ddr600

Ok, I posted this a second ago, and its not showing up. I guess I will just repost.

Here is my situation. I recently got my new opty, and I got some G.skill DDR600 off the egg. *2 X 512* and I want to get 2 gigs total. I was wondering if it should effect my overclock at all running 4 of these sticks?? It runs @ 300mhz with ease, but I was just concerned, I dont want to spend the cash if it wont work right...

Here is a screen @ 3.0ghz on my new opty

I want the 2 gigs for games, but just a little weary.

Thanks in advance.

You wont be able to OC nearly as high or run 1t with 4 sticks vs. 2. It looks as though you are running a divider anyhow so it may work out for you if you continue to use the divider.

All 4 of my TCCD sticks can do 270+ in pairs, but can't do much more than 245mhz @ 2T. Parts are in my sig.

4 double side sticks aka highspeed ram runs at 2100 on most motherboards.

It would have a big effect on your overclock you have right know. The only way I see that you could have it is if you get 2x1gb pc4000 and some how overclock it 50mhz more to 300mhz. But that might be hard to oc that much.

you wont clock as high with the 4 sticks, but you will be able to get between 250~260 at 2T, i mixed my g.skill with 2 sticks of some crappy corsair(infineon) and get 255htt.