Upgrading Psu

I have an antec 380watt truepower and its lasted for a good while now, but I think Im putting too bigger load on it. As it is im running 4 hard drives, 2 dvd/cd drives, heaps of fans and lights.

However as it is, it is struggling and I want to add more hard drives which will make it even worse. I think the connector on my mobo is 20 pin plus the 4 pin aux connector. However when I look at some PSUs for sale, they only have a single 24 pin plug? Im assuming this will NOT be compatible with my mobo. I want to buy a new power supply that fits my pc and still allows for future upgradability, so what type of power supply should I buy?

If I buy a 20 pin + 4 pin PSU, will it still work with the newer motherboards that accept a single 24 pin connector? I dont want to be having to use adapters.

Thanks for any help as Im a pretty confused, and if Im going to spend money now, I may as well make it last a while!

EDIT: I think I found what I might be looking for. This following psu states that it has a 24 pin connector with DETATCHABLE 4 pin connector for universal motherboard compatability.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=22550

What do you guys think?

Edited by Vampire

Guest Raven65

I'd try the enermax 600w Noisetaker. It's run great for me. And they did recall the bad lot that they had.

What makes you assume your current PSU can't handle your system? Have you checked your voltages with a digital multimeter? If your voltages are fine then don't bother spending more money on a PSU. If however your voltages are not up to par then you might want to consider upgrading. Again check your voltages with a digital multimeter first.