Change Game Drive

CmpFreak88

Alright, so I have been playing Battlefield 2 recently since I got it for Christmas and have been having a blast. Well, now I'm scared for the safety of my disk and I decided to make an image of it. Well I got the image working all fine and dandy, but now when I uninstalled the game and reinstalled from the image files, it's still looking for a CD in the Drive. Now, my guess is it's a registry entry that stayed even after the uninstall, but I have no idea where to try and find it or what it would be uner. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated!

Sorry, maybe I'm getting misinterpreted. Is there anything wrong with making image files of a disk I have? All I'm saying is I want the game to look at the image file and not the disk. I've created the image and have successfully gotten it to work on another computer but because I installed with the disk first it keeps looking for the disk even when installed from the virtual drive. I hope I'm not gonna get banned or anything for this, but I just need to know!

Oh, and if you dont' believe me I can take pictures of me with the disk and a reciept if ou want. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by CmpFreak88

Erm...if you want to play from the image you have to make a .mds/.mdf file with the correct datatype selected through Alcohol 120%. Iso, .cue/.bin, etc. will only work for installing and you'll get a disc error when trying to play.

Edited by Cookieman123

Okay, to restate my problem again, lol. I know the .mds file I made works because I installed it on another computer and it works perfectly. The problem is, when I first got the game I used the CD to install the game on my computer, but don't want to use the CD anymore so I don't ruin it. I tried uninstalling the game and installing back on my computer using the disk image but it still looks for the CD rom, which I assume, is because of a registry key from the original install. Any idea how to find this registry key?

Edited by CmpFreak88

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of any of this...but could someone link me to this "imaging" software? I have the same basic problem...NO, I DIDN'T BUY AN ILLEGAL COPY OF UG2 ;) but I'm pretty sure that I'll break the disks eventually(dropping it, and scratching it) and I want these to last a while. I can get a picture of the disks, receipt, and SN if needed...OH and I have a few old games with REALLY scratched disks...

EDIT: wait...is a virtual drive hardware???

EDIT: I figured it out. I can't get past the copyright. I won't go into detail, at risk of being banned.

Edited by Dtaylor