New Cell Phone - Which One?!

Arkadiy

my bro bought the razr when it first came out ( the next day it came out ), for about 650 USD i think it was, and this is the SIlver one... no one had em back then. thats why they were good now that everyone has them they're BLECH, btw the ROCKR isnt as good as people think, your best bet would be the nokia 6260, just lookat it looks like a PALM, SideKick2 and at the same time a cellphone :-), works as *sort of* like all 3 ^^

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice to you, as a communications guru (I design public safety systems for radio and phone communications, including cellular) would be to avoid any of the "smaller" companies in phone products.

Stick to Motorola or Nokia.

Samsung is still making a name for itself in the market, just like LG. When customers come in, and I see a LG or other "Nothing Brand" phone in their hand, we will offer to pay their termination fees, give them a new Motorola phone for a reduced cost, and give them their first 3 months of cell service free (for the plan they chose) if they'll sign a 2 year contract.

Not too bad of a deal. ;)

What company do you have? See if they support the Motorola i730. It doesn't play MP3's or anything, but the way I see it, it's a phone. If I want MP3's, I'll listen to my PSP. In fact, I never really wanted the phone... I got it for Christmas last year as a surprise. It's nice and all, but an i530 with a larger and color screen would've been just as nice.

What cell phone provider do you have? Because believe it ot not, it matters. For example, Verizon use CDMA band while most everyone else use GSM (with different bands). The e815 is a CDMA phone and the Rokr is a GSM.

If you have Verizon, I would strongly suggest the e815, with a few small hacks you can unlock the phones Bluetooth OBEX capabilities and other stuff. Check out http://howardforums.com for more info.

Not sure you can get this model in the US, but the best phone i've used so far is the samsung D500. A quality bit of kit with more features than you can shake a stick at. 1.2 mega pixel camera with video upto 1hr, tri band roaming, bluetooth, even a seperate speeker. Take a look at this. http://www.thelink.com/martprd/store/lin_p...=1&tm=undefined

LG makes some kickass phones. I've had the LG vx6000 (little older than you'll be wanting) for almost 2 years and it is still in awesome shape. It is a solid phone. I see people with newer motorola phones that have cracked plastic all around the hinge and are just really crappily built with cheap plastic in general. I can say my LG is a much better build quality.