Psu Help

I need a PSU with Sleeved cables that will handle Oc'ing and stuff like that....

It will need to be able to run 1 dvd-rom , 1 cd-burner , like 12 cases fans, and like a 40 gig HDD and my sig....

I will be using this to OC my Opteron and well I know that my generic POS wont oc worth a dime soo ya..

So far people have told me

OCZ Modstream 520

Enermax 500 Liberty ( does this have sleeved cables....)

Edited by Shadowfactor

Guest Raven65

Stay away from used, you don't know what you'll be getting. So save up another month or 2 and get something new.

New=warranty, tech support and rma.

Used= someone elses problem.

Just on a side note , I wont get a used one , But I found a OCZ modstream 450 watts for 39.99 plus 10 for shipping on ebay....

SO should I go with the X-connect 500 Watt for 29.99 ( brand new)

the OCZ modstream 450 watts for 39.99..... ( brand new but ends very soon so quick replies would be great!)

Just on a side note , I wont get a used one , But I found a OCZ modstream 450 watts for 39.99 plus 10 for shipping on ebay....

SO should I go with the X-connect 500 Watt for 29.99 ( brand new)

the OCZ modstream 450 watts for 39.99..... ( brand new but ends very soon so quick replies would be great!)

607181[/snapback]

If those are your only two options, then order the Modstream, X-connects are great paper weights.

You have a system with very expensive hardware... yet you decide to go cheap on your PSU??? I don't understand the logic there... please explain it to me...

If you absolutely have to go cheap on a PSU that OCZ Modstream 450 might be ok for stock speeds, but beyond that keep a eye out on your voltages with a Digital Multimeter. My advice: Save up $80-100 so you can get a way better PSU.

I totally Agree, while I usally don't stress how much someone should spend, Because I don't know of their situation. I will in this case and reinforce kevs statements. If theres one thing in your computer that should have some thought and reasearch put into it, its the power supply. Ive seen to many threads on others forums where the problem was tracked down to a bad or insufficent power supply.

Guest Raven65
You have a system with very expensive hardware... yet you decide to go cheap on your PSU??? I don't understand the logic there... please explain it to me...

If you absolutely have to go cheap on a PSU that OCZ Modstream 450 might be ok for stock speeds, but beyond that keep a eye out on your voltages with a Digital Multimeter. My advice: Save up $80-100 so you can get a way better PSU.

607188[/snapback]

:withstupid:

So you see, go new and get something that will run your system like I implied in my other post. The enermax 500w liberty is 109 @ newegg. it's worth it.