Lock On-modern Air Combat

Encrypted_God

I have had this game for nearly 3 years and I've only messed around with it. Ya know, fly around aimlessly doing absolutely nothing. Maybe fire a gun or launch a Rocket here and there.

My question is, Has any of you played this game? I think this game is difficult. IMO one would have to be an experienced pilot to play this advanced sim game. I dunno, maybe it's just me but There are times that I get so frusterated at the game play that I just uninstall it and let it collect dust. What's your take on this.

I hear it's pretty demanding. I've considered buying it, but I'm not that crazy about jet combat, I'm more into prop sims.

607009[/snapback]

I think it is too. I don't consider my Rig slow by any means but I do get more stuttering & Hickups in this game then I do in Doom 3 & FarCry combined!

Overclocker16....PLease, give me some hints on this. I do have the cyborg evo joy stick but I still have difficultys manuevering the Ship. Or should I say: setting up the configuration.

:foldon:

I just used all the default buttons. Using a Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D. Only had 1 problem is in just the quick mission with 1 jet keeps getting behind me. I've managed only once to get away and shoot him down, but usually gets behind me with guns and takes out L or R engine and with only 1 engine, rudder the opposite way and try to manuever a shot, but usually end up ejecting.

I just used all the default buttons.  Using a Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D.  Only had 1 problem is in just the quick mission with 1 jet keeps getting behind me.  I've managed only once to get away and shoot him down, but usually gets behind me with guns and takes out L or R engine and with only 1 engine, rudder the opposite way and try to manuever a shot, but usually end up ejecting.

607183[/snapback]

lol...huh. Well maybe I'll install it again and play. Maybe it's the A.A.D in me I dunno..I'll give 'er another try I guess. :)

Well, if you go into a flat spin, use the opposite rudder aka, if you are spinning left then use right rudder or if going right spin use left rudder. It's like a car, if you're spinning, turn into the spin. As far as shooting, get within a couple miles of the guy, lock and shoot. If you are behind him, close in and try to get him with guns. But if head on, missle works some of the time.

What would be another good Flight sim in this Genre

HyperSonicSpirit Posted Today, 04:22 PM

With a manual that is probalby as large as an F-22 manual, I'll pass.

It's really not that bad but...Like I said. I think you would have to be a pilot to really understand it better.

Edited by Psycho_Active

The learning curve is pretty huge.  I bought it awhile ago off ebay and just never invested enough time to really learn how to play.  I can fly around a bit but i dont really know how to do more than that.

607273[/snapback]

Exactly!! I'm the same as you there.