Computer Parts Help

Queenz

but y did u buy such an old computer?

so I can try things that I don't really need and would be sacred to try on my main rig....i'll probably try out linux sometime soon again, other OS maybe, raid setups and idk what else, basically whatever I'm interested in at the moment...

oh yeah and its a bit upgraded already :D (traded some spare case fans for dvd-rom and some more ram :P )

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I can try things that I don't really need and would be sacred to try on my main rig....i'll probably try out linux sometime soon again, other OS maybe, raid setups and idk what else, basically whatever I'm interested in at the moment...

oh yeah and its a bit upgraded already  :D  (traded some spare case fans for dvd-rom and some more ram  :P )

608252[/snapback]

i never really did get linux lol

I don't think you'll get much for it, althogh ebay does have some weird people that pay outrageous amounts for pictures and boxes...

If I were you, I'd put it to folding.

608255[/snapback]

yea or give it to someone as a christmas present lol wow im a cheap butt

Definately...MOST definately you will NOT get $40.00 or over for that.

And ok..lets' just say he does put that {Pause} to a Folding Rig er..ah..Folding "box". Isn't there a minimum WU that must be completed to be eligable? Hmm.. :glare:

Definately...MOST definately you will NOT get $40.00 or over for that.

And ok..lets' just say he does put that {Pause} to a Folding Rig er..ah..Folding "box". Isn't there a minimum WU that must be completed to be eligable? Hmm.. :glare:

608295[/snapback]

THer're called timeless WUs...and a 500 PIII MIGHT be able to get normal WUs off, but i doubt it.

The DVD-ROM is the best thing it has...unless you find someone looking for replacement parts (eBay again).

Humm i could use a DVD-ROM...

ON eBay $40 is almost certain with all the parts parted out, as a whole...prob not, shipping will definalty kill the deal.

THer're called timeless WUs...and a 500 PIII MIGHT be able to get normal WUs off, but i doubt it. 

The DVD-ROM is the best thing it has...unless you find someone looking for replacement parts (eBay again). 

Humm i could use a DVD-ROM...

ON eBay $40 is almost certain with all the parts parted out, as a whole...prob not, shipping will definalty kill the deal.

608297[/snapback]

Yeah i need one cd/dvd-whatever-ROM , so in case you decide to part those out, I might take one which ever is left. I doubt though it would be wotth the $ to even ship it somewhere though :glare:

lol well guys im gonna try to get the most money out of it. or i could sell it to my cuzins family they are so stupid with computers if i told them it has an intel pentium d in it they would buy it so im thinkin bout rippin dem off

Umm <_< You would actually do that to family??..Well there ya go..and to think you said you didn't trust silkster for ripping you off....Dude I dunno. I am really fighting back my rage right now...soon I will unleash my pwnage if this keeps up..

Maybe I'm taking this a little to personal but....

Umm <_<  You would actually do that to family??..Well there ya go..and to think you said you didn't trust silkster for ripping you off....Dude I dunno. I am really fighting back my rage right now...soon I will unleash my pwnage if this keeps up..

Maybe I'm taking this a little to personal but....

608355[/snapback]

yo man wats ur problem cant u get along i havnt said one thing bad bout u god im only 15 dang give me a break man i dont got a job to buy the best parts or stuff like that but atleast i try ur an adult u got the ability to do more than me jeez

I would go with ebay its your best bet.

Speaking of eBay we have this thing at school called gBay (kinda sounds like a google thing) where people sell old stuff just like on ebay.  There is an old type writer on there going for about $50.  Well I got to thinking if I put together a system that I couldnt GIVE away and converted the 200 mhz to say pico hz or someting small liek that and make it look really powerfull and big.  Wonder how much I could get for it, just a thought. :P

607954[/snapback]

ROFL pico-hertz.... :lol:

EDIT: Welcome to my sig :D

I don't think you'll get much for it, althogh ebay does have some weird people that pay outrageous amounts for pictures and boxes...

If I were you, I'd put it to folding.

608255[/snapback]

I remember that... I wonder if that schmuck had to pay or not...

Edited by Bleeble