Sign in to follow this  
TimeMachine

Ti Calculators!

somebody had to ask, so it better be me: what's a Ti calculator?

606780[/snapback]

A ti (texas instruments) calculator is a graphing calculator, and can do all kinds of crazy shiznit. I had an 83, that i used to put all my definitions and equations into for my chemistry exams, lol cheating is so easy with those things.

Edited by JerrDogg77

I was reading reviews and heard theres a built in usb,does it mean i can have a flash drive and plug it in for like documents or something??

606764[/snapback]

no that means you can connect it to your computer to download games and equations and other cool math programs

hello guys , this is my first time purchasing a TI based calculator, i was wondering what is enoguht? I was looking at the Ti-89 silver edition.... any suggestions?? thank you.

606743[/snapback]

If you're still in high school, don't bother to get anything above an 83/84. You can't use anything more powerful on the ACT or SAT.

Maybe it's just me, but during a week of high school, I used my TI-83+ more than I have during the entire past semester... If I'm not mistaken, a lot of college classes won't even let you use a calculator.

Do you really need a new calculator now? Don't bother to get one until you do. It'll just be a waste of money if you don't use it for anything beyond trig. I would say that prices go down if you wait, but that doesn't seem to be the case with calculators. Those dang 83's are still obscenely expensive! :lol:

OO btw I'm in college. I was reading that teh Ti-89 needs 4xAAA man I need rechargables now :( crap anyways I'm going to see if my cousin at Bestbuy can hook me up with a Ti-89 Titanium. Thanks for all of your guys input on the calculators :)

I have the 89 and it is stupendous. I absolutely love it. I write programs for it, so if you ever need one of mine, PM me. If you get an 83/84, I wrote a BASIC quadratic solver that rivals Texas Instruments's ASM solver (I am proud of this), so PM me for a copy. It is now so popular in y school taht my math teacher is disributing it to all of her students (and I didn't even directly give it to her).