Help!

Foramorm

Over the last two days, I've been installing a W/C setup on my computer. I just finished about an hour ago, plugged it in, everything turned on fine.

Then I went to plug in the monitor, but I'm getting a "no signal" message from the monitor. I'm afraid I may have messed up the video card or something. Anyone have any suggestions on how to figure out what is going on?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, everything is plugged in and everything is attached fine. I made sure the blocks were down tightly, and they're fine too. I'm about to try and boot with on VGA, CPU and RAM.

I can't find a CMOS jumper on my mobo, can I just take the battery out for a while to clear it? How long will it need to be out.

I can't find a CMOS jumper on my mobo, can I just take the battery out for a while to clear it?  How long will it need to be out.

606684[/snapback]

Yes, Make sure that the AC plug is out when you do it. Like 1-2 Minutes should be more then enough.

It could also be a grounding issue: Having Water cooling doesn't exactly make "taking your motherboard out" Easy. So you can try adding or taking out screws that hold the motherboard down.

Yeah, everything is plugged in and everything is attached fine. I made sure the blocks were down tightly, and they're fine too.  I'm about to try and boot with on VGA, CPU and RAM. 

I can't find a CMOS jumper on my mobo, can I just take the battery out for a while to clear it?  How long will it need to be out.

606684[/snapback]

ok this is a sign of either grounddation, cooling problems, or power issues, check your connections and make sure nothing is touching anything

I checked and made sure, all risers have screws going in to them.  I verified by checking the back of the mobo tray.

I'm in the process of clearing CMOS right now, I'll try blowing out the PCI-E socket if that doesn't work.

606701[/snapback]

Just because all Screws are in, where they are ment to be doesn't mean there can't be a grounding problem.

Ive seen motherboards at my school that wouldn't POST if a certain screw was out.. :D