Water Cooling Setup

CheeseMan42

Im going for silent overclocking with my new computer, so I went over to dangerden and made a custom kit. Just looking for some feedback.

Selected options:

CPU Style: AMD64 754/939/940

CPU Water Block: Danger Den TDX

Top Style: Lucite - Clear

Video Card Water Block: None

Chipset Water Block: None

Fitting Size: 1/2 OD Fitting for 1/2 ID Tubing

Radiator: Black Ice MicroII - Black

Fans: None

Pumps: !NEW! Danger Den 12V D5 1/2 OD Fittings

Tubing: 10 Feet of Clearflex

Reservoir: Dual 5 1/4 Bay UV Blue Reservoir

Thermal Paste: None

Water Additives: None

Hold Down Style: Standard Stainless Steel Hold Down

Danger Den Fillport: None

Misc: None

How does this look to everyone? Should I look at swiftech as well?

• 2 weeks later...
w00t - that's a good call, although having just set up a DD myself, I was told by many to get the brass top for the TDX not the Lucite top as it will crack

612504[/snapback]

i had mine for a year, and did you see any cracks on it? <.<

Mine cracked, around the screws, too. Road runner, too, has had problems with his cracking (w/o pelt). I suggest getting the brass top - 12 more dollars just to be a bit safer :) And I would also go with a heater core of your choice - cheaper and you can paint it any color you want.

i had mine for a year, and did you see any cracks on it? <.<

612509[/snapback]

nope - but then I ordered the new top from DD, it came find, after a few days of leak tests there is a very very tiny hairline crack in the middle by the accelerator :/ maybe i tighted it way too much, but i would think that my naked san diego core would crush before that big thing..

thanks for the feedback, just wish i would have got some before i ordered. also, im wishing that i had bought the copper top, had no idea the lucite was prone to cracking. they just dont have that on the website when you order :(

hopefully all will work out, it would cost me about 30 to buy just the copper top with shipping, so i may just stick with the lucite

does anyone think it would be worth the $30 to pay for 2 day shipping to get it here at the same time the kit gets here so i dont have to worry?

I guess you can exchange any parts right? I'd call or e-mail the store and ask if it could be done you"d just pay the diffrence instead of having a block you will not use (and could crack if you do loll :lol: )

And take your time, the house will not burn down if you dont have it tomorrow.

Lesson 1 in ordering parts :Hurrying makes you do mistakes :P

how do you propose i get the copper top from them? i will have the kit here before the end of this week. are you saying just send back the lucite top? do you think they would accept that? i have read that lucite only cracks when your water gets really cold. i submited a support ticket to danger den asking about the cracking issue but they havent gotten back to me yet. does anyone know why they would sell something if they know its going to crack? had i known it was going to crack i would have just ordered the copper block for the extra $6 right from the start. i just really dont feel like waiting 2 weeks to exchange the lucite one for the copper one but i also dont feel like spending 30 bucks to get it here on time. anyone else have some advice or input?

And take your time, the house will not burn down if you dont have it tomorrow.

Lesson 1 in ordering parts :Hurrying makes you do mistakes :P

613362[/snapback]

That's a very good lesson.

Well - I personally think you should just contact DangerDen, they seem to (from what i've heard) support their products very well, I would email them saying hey I'm about to set this up, but I'm worried about the lucite top cracking as I've heard it does, can you guaruntee some sort of warranty on that part and if I do have any issues, can I upgrade to the brass top? You might even, if you have a problem, be able to get it replaced with a brass one if you're whiny enuff. :)

Talk to DD, find out their policies

i have now submitted 2 support tickets and have yet to hear anything. hope i here something from them soon

613855[/snapback]

Personally, I don't think any DD employee will be too anxious to say "Yes, our product has problems." The way I see it, you could buy the brass top seperately (for too much money), return or exchange the block and get one with the brass top (but you have no patience, so nevermind), beg them to send you a brass top for cheap (very unlikely), or just suck it up and hope your lucite top doesn't crack. :closedeyes: